Chapter 15.5 - Little Brother

Começar do início

"Now you won't be the first one to ask her out on a date~" Hakkai teases as Mitsuya literally pushes him out in annoyance.

______________________

"Can we buy that t-shirt?"

"Sure!"

"About that candy..."

"I'll buy it for you!"

"Let's hold hands."

"Of cou- huh? Wait what?" A confused Aoi, looks at the outstretched hands of Hakkai. The guy who has finally accepted himself as her little brother.

Looking at how easily Aoi complies to his requests, Hakkai feels a tiny bit guilty for only having asked her out to make Mitsuya own up to his feelings for her. But the feelings of guilt won't stop him from completing his mission.

"Big sis?" He looks at the girl with puppy eyes and smiles in victory as she grumbles something about adorable people and holds his hands. 

'She's so predictable, it's almost cute.'  Hakkai thinks to himself, but don't get him wrong. He has no intention of actually wanting to steal Aoi away from Mitsuya. As weird as it might sound, he finds it comfortable to be around her, not even knowing the reason why. Maybe it was because she declared him as her little brother right at the time they first met. Plus, if she was to marry Mitsuya, she would be his sister-in-law. So, there's no harm done in getting close to her, right?

He evilly grins at his plans and calls out to a random stranger.

"Hakkai?" Aoi curiously asks to which he replies, "Let's take a picture together." Aoi nods in happiness, seeing how comfortable Hakkai has become with her.

1

2

3

"Cheese!"

The both of them thank the person who took their photos and take a look at the phone. It came out pretty nice. Hakkai's royal blue hair, matching well with Aoi's indigo cardigan while they hold hands and show the infamous peace sign with the other free hand.

From afar, they almost looked like a doting couple but both of them thought of each other as nothing more than siblings. 

Getting to complete his evil plan, Hakkai swiftly sent the photo to Mitsuya with a caption saying, "On a date :) Gonna go watch a movie later <3"

Walking through the beautiful streets of Tokyo together and enjoying the food they bought along the way, Hakkai and Aoi finally reached their final destination- a movie theater. They were about to enter when suddenly the two of them were interrupted by a screaming male voice. 

"Aoi! Hakkai!!"

A light-lilac haired boy runs towards the two of them, panting for air as he looks all sweaty.

Hakkai just laughs at Mitsuya's condition while a confused looking Aoi calls out to him.

"Takashi? What are you doing here?" 

"I'm.. uh.. movie!" The boy says while trying to catch his breath. "I saw you guys here and wanted to catch up to you. I've been wanting to watch this movie for a long time but didn't want to watch it alone. Let's watch it together!" He ushers the two of them towards the entrance while rambling about wanting to watch the movie. 

"Eh? But I don't think we've told you what movie we're gonna watch?" Hakkai says in a playful voice, teasing the older male for his restlessness.

"It's the one most popular right now. I :) know :) even :) if :) you :) don't :) tell :) me :)" Mitsuya silently threatens the boy through his expressions.

Not being bothered by the threat even one bit, Hakkai just chuckles. "Okay, let's watch it together. Taka-chan can go buy the popcorn while we buy the tickets Aoi-san." He says, holding the hands of the girl right in front of Mitsuya and taking her away from him.

Mitsuya groans in annoyance but goes to buy the popcorn anyway, declaring to himself that he won't let Hakkai benefit from his little brother privileges anymore.

.

.

.

A ding can be heard from Hakkai's phone while he was taking Aoi to the ticket counter. He opens the phone only to see a message from Mitsuya.

"You're dead meat."

Hakkai just laughs while looking at the message.' As if you could ask her out on a date. I don't really care though.'  The previous words of Mitsuya ring in his mind. 

'You wouldn't be coming here if you didn't care.'

Looks like his plan was a success after all.