Interrupting

The rumours hit Twitter before Mimie had even gotten out of the car

The rumours hit Twitter before Mimie had even gotten out of the car. Someone on the plane must have been a hardcore Army who recognised Mimie as she went through customs. There were pictures of her all over Twitter. Bang PD's niece had just arrived in the same country as Bangtan. Was it a coincidence? Was it more than that? The news outlets were going crazy.

When she was pictured climbing out of a private car heading into the venue for BTS' concert the following day, the chaos went from bad to worse. It wasn't a secret that they were rehearsing there that afternoon and the crowds of fans gathered by the gates in the hopes of catching a glimpse of them were very much aware of that. They were also very familiar with who Mimie was. Although she'd spent a lot of effort concealing her friendship with the Bangtan members over the years, her relation to Sihyuk was public record. On top of that, now that she was moving into the industry in her own right, it was even more impossible to keep her face out of the news.

Jungkook would have answered his own questions if he'd stopped listening to her voicemail on repeat, and checked some of his notifications. Meanwhile, the other members' five-minute break turned into a fifteen-minute one because they all got distracted by Mimie trending suddenly. Jimin saw the picture of her at the venue before anyone else, announcing it to the room and focussing all their attention on flicking through the social media outlet. However up-to-date they kept their feed, they were still two minutes behind Mimie, who was already being guided backstage by a member of staff from the venue, who was clueless to her sudden significance.

"Mimie-ah?" Sejin called, being the first to set his own eyes on her. He hadn't been on social media, so he hadn't known she was coming, hence him being so surprised that he called for her across the stage where the members were supposed to be rehearsing.

JK's ears pricked and he jumped to his feet, first looking at Sejin and them catching his breath seeing the manager's eyes focused on someone across the stage. Terrified to be wrong, Jungkook turned his head slowly towards where Sejin was staring. Forcing his eyes open he felt himself crumble inside.

"Mi-ah," he breathed, frozen to the spot, taking in the sight of her. A wave of relief washed over him, despite his palms dampening from nervousness. She was still wearing the same clothes from yesterday, but she had a duffle bag in her hand in place of the small purse she'd been carrying on her shoulder yesterday. She looked a little messy because she'd come straight from the plane, but still, she had his heart fluttering.

"I couldn't wait," she admitted, eyes red and wide. As the smile broke onto JK's face, she found the courage to move towards him, almost running by the time her body slammed into his.

Instinctively he wrapped his arms around her, whilst she buried her face into his shoulder. Her body shook against him, like the flood gates were finally opening and three years of confusion and pent up emotions were flooding out of her in a single moment. He could feel how hard and fast her heart was beating from how she was pressed into him, clinging on to JK with everything she had.