CHAPTER 3 - Scared

Start from the beginning

'Be right back, doc's here.' - Ella

"Sorry for the wait. The results will still take some time to come out." The doctor says making me nod.

"Do you have any neck pain? Or stiffness?" The doctor asks me.

I stretch my neck a bit and roll my head around to test and I feel nothing different.

"No, my neck is okay." I respond.

"Okay good. If there was any pain there, then that would have been something very serious. It's a good thing there's nothing." Doc says making me look at my mom in confusion and she shakes her head, her way of telling me not to worry about it.

And with that, the doctor leaves.

I wonder how serious it would have been if my neck hurt. I know the doctor never told me what it would have been for a reason, but the curiosity is fierce.

For some reason, I start breaking down. Not sobbing or anything but just, quiet tears rolling down my face. I chuckle at myself cause it's not like I know anything is even wrong with me.

My dad notices and grabs my free hand and starts rubbing it comfortingly.

My mom gives a small laugh and wipes away my tears.

"It's okay, you can cry. We know this was a surprise and is not a great situation. I mean you've only ever been in the hospital for yourself when you had your tonsils removed when you were six, I bet that head of yours is going into overdrive wondering if anything is wrong." Mom says.

I just nod quietly.

"We know you've been stressed with exams too, I'm sure you're worried about tomorrow. No matter what happens, try not to stress about it. Everything will work out, and if you don't do well on your exam, we can't blame you. It'll be okay." Dad says and kisses my hand.

The tears start flowing faster and I guess it's all of what they've mentioned combined. I've been known to stress more than what I should be, even more with small things that will blow over soon so this was a shock to my literal everything.

I get over myself quite soon after that moment and I think I'm fine again.

I pick up my phone and hope that Adrian is still awake.

I open my phone to a text from him and I smile.

'Sure sure.' - Cockroach

'I'm back, are you still awake?' - Ella

He responds instantly, swoon.

'Yeah I am, I'll sleep soon though.' - Cockroach

I wonder if he stayed awake waiting for me...

''Yeah, you should.' - Ella

'What did the doctor say?' - Cockroach

Do I wanna get into this with him?

Should I tell him I broke down when I'm not even sure if anything's wrong with me yet...

'He said that the blood test results would still take awhile and asked me if I had any neck pain or stiffness. I didn't have any, but he said that if I did, that would have been really bad. So I'm very glad that I do not have that. Although I am curious about what would have happened if I did.' - Ella

'I'm glad you don't have anything wrong with your neck then. And yeah I'd be curious too. But rather don't think about that.' - Cockroach

I think that this is one of the longest conversations I've had with him that wasn't started because of a response to a post. Other than my current, laying in a hospital bed situation... Today has probably been one of my favorite days.

I've been wanting to have a memorable conversation with him for almost 2 months, and I think I got that tonight.

Definitely fell for him more because of this. He could have ignored my messages at some point during this conversation, or cut me off to say he needs to sleep. I wouldn't blame him for the latter though, I'm keeping him away from what could have been some quality, much needed sleep.

I'm just glad that despite every bad thing he could've done, he's really not a bad person. And a part of me is conflicted. If he were a bad or suckish guy, it would have been so much easier for tonight to be my opportunity, or reason, for my feelings to start fading since I see a different side of him. But instead, the side I see, is a great one.

And before I realize it, I'm plunging into overthinking thoughts.

~~~