Did he just said he's sorry?

Today was the day of the Slug Club dinner. Because it was dinner we were supposed to dress casual but still elegant. I was looking at myself in the mirror, lost in my own thoughts. Few days ago I had a fight with Theo and we haven't spoke since, but I also had a heated make out sesh with Tom. Thankfully he asked me to be his date tonight, I know he's not Theo but he can help me make him jealous so that's good.

My make up was already done, perfect base and red lip. Elegant, classy and timeless as always. Now I was planning on outfit to be either black or red but I had no idea what to wear. Then something in my closet called my way and I just had to wear it tonight.

 Then something in my closet called my way and I just had to wear it tonight

I mean it's cute and I can't go more casual than that. I putted on some Gucci Mary Jane red pumps and I was ready to go.

Tom was waiting for me by the girls dorm rooms entrance like a real gentleman. Man he was so fine. I flashed him a nicest smile possible and made my way to him.

"Oh my, you look absolutely stunning."

"Thank you, so do you Tom."

He took my hand like a real gentleman would, and leaded us both outside the common room towards Slughorn's office.

The second we came in I was mesmerized by the smell of pastries. Because this is a dinner party Slughorn would always go crazy on the meals. Dishes from all around the world to show us how much he traveled and how much he knows the culture. If you ask me he's just a big show of, but I can't lie that the dishes are bad. They're extremely tasty, and he always gives us wine to celebrate.

In the center of the room there was a huge circle shaped like table with plates and glasses. Candles were lit up and you could hear fire cracking in the corner. Slughorn said hi to us and showed us our seats. One seat next to mine was empty but I guess someone random will sit because it was still pretty early. Tom was on my right next to Katherine and they were pretty much already fighting. Siblings.

After few minutes and one glass of wine the room started to crowd. There were students coming from all the houses. Hermione sat across from me and sent me a huge toothy smile which I returned. She really is one of the sweetest persons ever.

"Thank you my dear students for joining me on our first dinner party of the year." Slughorn smiled while saying those words standing up proudly in his seat between Harry and one Ravenclaw girl. He looked around the table watching us with glassy eyes. Oh he was really sweet.

Just as he was about to say something someone interrupted him. The door opened and we all glanced at its way.

"Sorry I'm late proffesor." Theo walked in alone, wearing a suit that I definitely bought for him in Paris. He looked up meeting my eyes and fastly looked away back to proffesor.

"No problem Mr. Nott, you have a free sit next to Miss Greengrass I supposed you would come together." He looked at me and smiled and I wanted to kill myself at the spot. He started talking about something but I didn't dare to listen, my mind was occupied with Theo and only him. The way he walked next to me, how his hand grazed my back ever so slightly while walking behind my chair, how I could smell his perfume from a mile away and how he, when he sat down, looked at me with teary eyes that made my heart ache a bit. He looked away and gulped the glass of wine that stood there and paid attention to the crowd. I on the other hand did not. I was so busy staring at him that it took Tom three times to call my name until I realized.