Camping Part II

Sneak peek at Love Takes Time up there.
Hey guys. I know that you're probably annoyed that I don't start with the story, but I need to say something first. I want to dedicate this chapter to dance_swim_read77 and Aleice because they made me. If you could, please go read their stories, that'd be awesome.
Dipper's POV
~~~~~
"You guys can do whatever you want." Grunkle Stan says. We all nod and head in separate directions. I head west and walk a ways into the forest. After a few minutes of walking, I stumble upon a beautiful stream, with wildflowers growing all around. Pacifica would enjoy this. I'm going to bring her here. Just as I was about to leave to go get Pacifica, Candy appears behind a tree. I gasp and stumble back in surprise. She slowly approaches me, and I back away until I'm pressed against a tree. She keeps walking until she's within about 3 inches of me. Then, she presses her mouth to mine. I try to push away, but she's got an iron grip, pressing me up against the tree. I hear crashing and leaves crackling. Oh, great! Mabel's here to save me!
"Dipper? What?" I hear. Pacifica.
"Dipper? How could you?!" she exclaims. I finally push Candy away, and run to chase after her. As I'm running away, I hear Candy cackling. I run after Pacifica, branches scratching my face and snagging on my clothes. She runs for a while, until I can't see her anymore. I look all around me. I can only see trees, and every tree looks the same. Luckily, I've lived in the woods for years now, so I've gotten used to finding my way back. But right now, finding my way isn't my top priority, Pacifica is.
"Pacifica! Pacifica!" I yell. I yell and yell for hours, until my lips are chapped, my mouth is dry, and my throat is parched. Heavy-hearted, I walk back to camp. Mabel and Grenda run up to me, their eyes questioning. I shake my head sadly, and the both crush me into a hug.
"We'll find her. We know how much she meant to you." Mabel whispers. I hear a sarcastic snort, and turn around to see Candy, a triumphant smile on her face.
"Hah. It's better off for everyone with her gone." she sneers. I turn away, feeling little feet crawling down my cheeks. Tears, I realize. I run back in the direction from where I came. I run faster than I've ever run before, calling her name. I reach a clearing, and I take a rest. Tears are fully sliding down my cheeks now. Suddenly, the words to our song come to me, and I start to sing:

What do you think about when you look at me?
I know we're not the fairytale you dreamed we'd be.
You wore the veil, you walked the aisle, you took my hand
And we dove into a mystery.

How I wish we could go back to simpler times
Before all our scars and all our secrets were in the light.
Now on this hallowed ground, we've drawn the battle lines.
Will we make it through the night?

It's going to take much more than promises this time
Only God can change our minds.

Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete
Could we just be broken together?
If you could bring your shattered dreams and I'll bring mine,
could healing still be spoken and save us?
The only way we'll last forever is broken together.

How it must have been so lonely by my side.
We were building kingdoms and chasing dreams and left love behind.
I'm praying God will help our broken hearts align.
And we won't give up the fight

It's going much more than promises this time.
Only God can change our minds

Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete
Could we just be broken together?
If you could bring your shattered dreams, and I'll bring mine,
could healing still be spoken and save us?
The only way we'll last forever is broken together.

Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete
Could we just be broken together?
If you could bring your shattered dreams, and I'll bring mine,
could healing still be spoken and save us?
The only way we'll last forever is broken together.

I finish the chorus and look up to see Pacifica standing about ten feet away. She looks shocked, surprised.
"Dipper... You remembered." she whispers.
"How could I forget?"
She smiles and runs towards me. She throws her arms around my torso and hugs me. I hug her back, not ever wanting to let go. She looks up at me and smiles some more.
"You're such a good singer." she says. I chuckle and reluctantly pull away from the hug. My chest feels bare and cold without her presence. We look into each other's eyes, before I lean in and kiss her. She's shocked at first, but then kisses back. I pull away.
"Pacifica Elise Northwest, would you like to be my girlfriend?" I ask.
"Yes, you goof. I have been waiting for years now." she jokes. I take her hand and we walk back to the campsite.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
\(^.^)/ Hey guys! Don't you love chapters that end in a sweet kiss? I know I do. Sorry if this is a little late. I've been under the spell of the evil allergies. I went to bed last night with a headache, woke up with one, went to school with one, and I'm going to go to bed again with one. But I made a promise to update regularly, so I'm gonna keep it. Don't forget to share, comment, and vote! Thank you all so so much and I'll see you when I see you! Bye!
-Hal😍