Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"Is this going to be a big event or a small one?" Jennie asked.

"Just with NCT it will be heading towards a big event," I said, laughing, which made them laugh with me. 

We spent the rest of the afternoon brainstorming about the wedding. When we finally split up for the day, I rushed home to make dinner. There was something important I needed to tell Jisung before things went any further, and I was nervous as hell to do it. 

When Jisung finally came home, he was smiling. He came right over to me and kissed me, holding me in his arms for a few minutes, like he did every night. It was comforting. Especially after how long we weren't able to between me being missing and me being too hurt in the hospital. 

"Did you have a good day with Jiyong and the others?" he asked me.

"I did. How was your day at work?"

"Crazy as always," he said with a laugh.

"Go wash up and get comfortable," I told him. "There's something I want to talk to you about after dinner."

He looked at me, trying to read me. It was something he could always do so easily. In that moment, however, I was trying my hardest to keep him from being able to.

"Alright," he agreed, going into our room. 

Dinner was uneventful. We had mundane discussions about our days, and updated each other on what we were thinking about the wedding. After we finished eating and cleaning up, I led him into the living room. When we sat down on the couch, I sat next to him, facing him, holding his hands.

"What's going on, Ryu?" he asked me. "You're making me a little nervous."

"Remember, in the months leading up to me disappearing and even when I was in the hospital, you wanted me to find a way to start coming clean to you about everything about me? That you didn't want me to tell you any more partial truths or cover up anything to try to protect you like I do with Appa?" I asked him.

"Of course I do," he said, his body starting to get tense and nervous.

"Well... there's something I still need to tell you," I started, getting just as nervous. "And while I'm sure there are other things I need to tell you and will tell you as I realize, this is something I feel I need to be open with you about before we actually get married." 

Jisung looked a little scared at that point. The truth was, so was I.

"What is it, Ryu?"

I took a deep breath to prepare myself.

"I told you a partial truth, just like I had to BTS, about what happened to me at the graduation party when we graduated high school," I started.

"What do you mean?" he asked, wearily.

"I told you the truth about my drink being spiked, not being in control of my actions when I lost my virginity, that I don't remember what happened, just that it happened, and that Wooseok and Yuto were the ones who figured it out and protected me after they knew... but I left something out, lying about something, to protect someone, Jisung," I told him. 

"Who were you trying to protect and why?"

"I know who I lost my virginity to," I told him gently.

"Why didn't you tell me this back then?!" Jisung jumped up angrily, demanding.

I sighed.

"Because I didn't want you to overreact and get mad at him. He had no idea that I hadn't been in control of my actions, that they had basically ruffied me when they spiked my drink, and when he found out, he was already kicking his own ass. Not to mention, we, technically, hadn't started going out yet, Jisung,"  I told him.