P A R T F I V E

Start bij het begin

{{her outfit ^}}

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

{{her outfit ^}}

After putting on the t-shirt and flared jeans, I took a glance at myself in the mirror and thought that I looked good enough. Besides, I was only going over to Jon's house for a couple of drinks, not some fancy restaurant or anything outrageous like that. He's seen me in even more fancier clothing so if he doesn't like my outfit for the evening, that's on him. But I don't think someone like my best friend would really care or be judgemental about my appearance.

I grabbed the keys to my vehicle, turned on the heater, and started my drive to Jon's house. Eek! I am so super excited to hang with him, that and I get to see his house again. I've only been inside of it maybe two or three times, but it was just his living room and that's about it. Not counting the other day when I found out Hardy was doing the stuff he's been doing and Jon brought me back to his own place after we both left Hardy's.

I shut on the radio so I could listen to some tunes and right when the radio was on, it was on a country station, Sirius XM, The Highway. Playing THROWBACK, by Hardy, obviously.

I groaned and quickly turned the station, and ended up connecting my phone via Bluetooth and started to play one of my favorite songs, Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson. Music helps me through a lot. Especially now more than ever.

After the long drive and me jamming out to a whole hour's worth of songs, I finally pulled into Jon's driveway, right beside his white truck.

The next girl who gets to ride shotgun in his truck will be so damn lucky. I so wish that it could be me, but I am not down for ruining our friendship, definitely not. I'll just keep it bottled up until I can't keep it in me anymore. I just don't want to ruin things..

I knocked on his door right after I shoved my iPhone in my back pocket. I waited until I saw the handsome, tall southern gentleman open up the door and he had his arms opened, I immediately fell into them. The aroma of his strong cologne entered my nasal passages. It was strong but very manly smelling.

For the longest time, we both stayed silent and clung onto one another for dear life. His bear hugs, let me tell ya, are absolutely amazing!

"Ashland, it's so amazing to see you again. I've missed you like crazy, and it hasn't been that long," Jon said to me, his southern drawl stressing some words more than others.

"Jon! I missed you way more! I hate being away from you so very much," I squeezed his waist tightly. He huffed and laughed as he somehow managed to shut his front door.

"Ashy, you're squeezing me too hard! Let go, please. I love you though, girl," He laughed, kissing the top of my head.

I giggled and obeyed, loosening my grip on him, but I still had my arms around him. Jon just laughed and patted my head, "You're extra today, but hey, I wouldn't have it any other way. You want to crack open a beer and watch somethin' on TV?"