•summer events•

En başından başla

Grover came up to us. He was finally on his search for Pan, and I couldn't be more proud.

"I'm off," he said. "I just came to say... well, you know."

I gave him a hug. "You'll do great, Grover."

Percy looked at him. "Where are you searching first?"

"Kind of a secret. I wish you could come with me, guys, but humans and Pan..."

"We understand," I nodded. "You got enough tin cans for the trip?"

"Yeah."

"And you remembered your Reed pipes?"

"Jeez, Coriane, you're like an old mama goat."

He gripped his walking stick and slung a bag over his shoulder. "Well, wish me luck."

I gave him another hug, and I felt sad watching him leave.

Fireworks exploded over head and I laid down on the blanket.

"We'll see him again," I promised.

Percy nodded, but didn't seem too sure.

•.•.•.•

July passed and everything was normal.

Percy and I had been in an alliance for capture the flag since we got back. We'd been able to keep the banner from Ares, which was a huge win on our part.

•.•.•.•

The last day of summer session came far too quickly.

I'd made my choice. I'd go back to my dad and Samantha. I was going to break the news to my friends tonight, and figure out plans.

Percy was staying in New York, so if possible, I'd try to attend the school he'd be going to.

At the bonfire, we were awarded our new beads.

It was pitch black, with a sea green trident.

"The choice was unanimous," Luke announced. "This bead commemorates the first Son of the Sea God at this camp, and the quest he undertook into the darkest part of the Underworld to stop a war!"

We all cheered for Percy, and Silena shoved me up there with him, Annabeth's cabin doing the same.

We'd all gone to bed, and the next morning, I'd gotten a letter.

Dear    Coriane Tucker   ,

If you intend to stay at Camp Half-Blood year-round,  you must inform the Big House by noon today. If you do not announce your intentions, we will assume you have vacated your cabin or died a horrible death. Cleaning harpies will begin work at sundown. They will be authorized to eat any unregistered campers. All personal articles left behind will be incinerated in the lava pit.
Have a nice day!
Mr. D (Dionysus)
Camp Director, Olympian Council #12

All of my cabin was already packing their bags. I got up, starting to put mine in one of my backpacks and Silena looked alarmed.

"Why are you packing?"

"I'm going to try to stay with my dad for a bit."

"Oh," Silena nodded, and then smiled. "I'm so proud of you for at least trying."

I smiled as I folded my clothes and my small amount of makeup in there.

"Does Annabeth or Percy know? Oh, or Luke?"

I smiled shyly. "Uh... no."

She sighed. "Oh, Coriane, you should've told them."

"I know!"

"Here, I'll finish your packing, you go tell your friends."

I nodded and found Annabeth, who was also, strangely packing.

"Oh!" She said quickly. "Coriane!"

"So we're both going back to our dads?"

She looked shocked. "Yeah, I guess so. I didn't know you still talked to him."

"I don't. Samantha sent me a letter asking me to come back. She thinks he's gonna lose himself if I don't come home."

Annabeth nodded. "That's how my dad is, I think."

"Percy...?"

"I haven't told him."

I nodded. "Where is he?"

"Last I knew, outside talking to Luke."

"Thanks, I'll talk to you before I leave."

Annabeth smiled. "Alright."

Searching the camp was hard, there was no sign of Percy or Luke.

Until the nymphs came, a call for help and a conch horn blew.