Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Ruby felt awfully bad and hoped Jare's grandmother's condition gets better. "Um, Jare, can I ask you a question?" Ruby questioned, assuming Jare might know a bit about The Lost Prince. "What do you know about The Lost Prince-" despite Jare not answering her question, Jare apologized once more, stuttering about not having time to chat, he must hurry and cook for his ill grandmother.

"That was weird," she comments as she watches Jare rush past the stands. "At least Jare cares about his grandmother, you can ask him another time," Chip shrugs it off which Ruby can only agree and let the topic out of her mind.

Later after dropping off the bracelet at the jewelry shop, to get it fixed, Ruby and Chip take the carriage back to the castle area. On their way, a small messenger bird flies inside the open window of the carriage, its tiny feet landing on Ruby's lap. "That scared me," Ruby says, placing her hand over her right chest.

"There's a rolled-up note attached to the bird's feet, t's a message for you, your highness," Chip indicates and Ruby takes unwraps the small thread from the bird's feet and unrolled the note, too find a written message.

"Who is it from?" Chip asked, trying not to feel too anticipated. "It's from Prince Taehyung. It says 'Good morning, Princess Ruby. I was hoping we can practice at Foxtrot Forest again. I also have my final answer to your proposal. I'll be waiting for your arrival in five minutes.'" Chip instructs the coachman to take them to Foxtrot Forest.

They pass by the grand castle and down the road to the forest area. "Tomorrow is the dance contest, if you don't get Prince Taehyung to be your partner, then either one of the princes becomes your partner or I'll ask Jare." Chip sounded awfully strict for a moment, but thankfully, she quickly apologized for her attitude.

"You're right, but at the same time, I can't force Prince Taehyung to be my partner, so I have no other choice than to pick Jare. I don't want to dance with the other princes twice, I want to give this public dancing thing a chance with Prince Taehyung." Chip could see how sincere she was, she also hoped Prince Taehyung's answer would be yes.

Being they arrived at Foxtrot Forest, Chip advises the coachman they'll walk on their own and thanked the coachman. "He must be waiting inside," Chip said as she flies inside the forest first. Ruby follows her behind, taking in the forest's beauty and the nature surrounding the atmosphere.

As they approached the large oak tree where Prince Seokjin and Ruby were finding the last traces of The Lost Prince, there, Prince Taehyung stand. As always, he looked more elegant as ever, and as elegant, Prince Taehyung's purple suit matched the small flowers that surrounded the oak tree. His eyes shimmered from the reflection from his glasses sit on the rim of his nose and his hair seemed to get a little curlier.

"I see you got my message," Prince Taehyung says, pushing the lens of his glasses up his nose. "Before we start, do you want to hear my answer to your proposal?" He asked, making Ruby wait impatiently, nodding her head in excitement, but also fear.

"Though I don't think I considered this as my answer, though a prince should be the one asking the princess." She watches Prince Taehyung kneel down with one knee, as if he was about to propose to her, and takes her hand in his. "Princess Ruby, would you be my partner for tomorrow's dance contest?" All she can think about was how warm his hands were, it wasn't trembling in verboseness nor sweating in anxiousness, he was calm.

"Yes, of course," Ruby giggles, taking his hand and helped him up stand back up on his feet. "Let's practice and do our best, even if we win or lose tomorrow at the dance contest, as long as we're having fun and making this moment a memory to cherish." Prince Taehyung couldn't agree more than anything.

At least two or three hours of dance practice, they relaxed their bodies with the help of the breeze of the wind and nature's music through the trees. "Chip, I admired the way you play your flute, it's very pleasant to hear and dance when you're with nature." Chip blushes and shyly thanked the prince.

They requested Chip to play more tunes with her flute, to help them ease their peaceful minds. Before dawn, they finished their last dance practice and left the enchanted forest. Prince Taehyung kindly offers Ruby to drop her off at the castle and upon arriving at the grand castle, Prince Taehyung turns to Ruby and spoke, "Princess Ruby, I'll drop by at the castle to pick you up." Ruby nods and tells him she'll be ready by then.

They both awkwardly stand there, not knowing how to say goodbye to each other. "Um, I guess I'll see you tomorrow morning," Ruby said, waving goodbye to him and as she was going to enter inside the palace, her heart jumps when she felt a pair of arms wrapped around her, from the back.

She can feel the prince's lips and a small gentle kiss on her cheek. His arms untangle from her body as she turns around to face the quiet prince. "I apologize, I just think it was necessary for me-" she stops him mid-sentence and kisses him back, but on the cheek.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning, good night, Prince Taehyung," she smiles, leaving the prince blush madly and shocked with his heart beating in his chest. Could it be that he's fallen for Ruby?...

To Be Continued...

~~~~

1,675 Words