Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Looks like your hands are full," Ruby joked, causing the noblewomen to serrate from the prince. They bowed at Ruby as she makes an entrance. "Princess Ruby, just in time. Sorry ladies, but I must be going," Prince Seokjin says as he gives them a smile which is enough for the noblewomen to fall down on their knees.

'

"Let's go to Rumba Beach, it's too crowded here," Prince Seokjin suggests. Ruby couldn't say no to his idea as they both flee from Jive Park, leaving the rich noblewomen in despair.

Of course Ruby doesn't mention to Prince Seokjin about her meet-up with Princess Juliana. As they arrive at Rumba Beach, Prince Seokjin couldn't help, but notice Ruby's beauty shine more than the sun's rays shine against the cold beach water. Prince Seokjin stops in his tracks, gently tugging Ruby's arm, turning her body around so she can face him.

"Prince Seokjin, are you okay?" She asks. "Feeling better now that you're here," he whispers, pushing a few strands of her hair from her face and tucks them behind her ear. She thought, 'Oh gosh, I know where this is going.'

He flutters his eyes close, leaning in for a kiss. Ruby looks over at Chip for any advice or help, but all Chip could do was using her small hands o signal Ruby, to go along for the kiss. Ruby closes her eyes and also leans in for the kiss, however, they are quickly interrupted by two noisy princesses who screamed for Prince Seokjin.

They both jerked back and faced their harsh reality, both noticing that these voices belonged to none other than the princess' cousins, Princess Rosie and Princess Josie. Ruby hasn't seen them since the dinner party. "I'm sorry, let me hide behind this rock," Prince Seokjin says in a serious matter.

Ruby thought he was joking but when the princesses approached Ruby, a sour look on both of their faces, it seemed like he is after all. "There she is!" Princess Rosie shouts as she points her finger at Ruby. They both jog over, clutching their dress from preventing themselves from tripping over their gown.

"We were told that you and Prince Seokjin had left Jive Park and came here? Where is here, dear cousin?" Princess Josie asked. Ruby's eyes adverted at the large rock where Prince Seokjin was hiding from behind. She gathers her confidence and courage and replied, "Yes you both are right, Prince Seokjin was with me like seconds ago. He just left, said he had to go to Tango Garden. If I were you I'll go quickly before another girl or two takes him away."

The twin princesses took this as a warning, thanking Ruby, and hurriedly left the beach. Once they were completely out of sight, Prince Seokjin asked Ruby if it was safe to come out. "They're gone for good," Ruby says with a laugh. Prince Seokjin thanked Ruby for covering him. "you were good at handling them, I mean they are your cousins, right?" "Yes."

Prince Seokjin surprised her with a kiss on her cheek, though he wanted to kiss her on the lips, he'd rather save that for another time. Meanwhile Ruby felt like she was fangirling inside. "In two days will be the dinner ball, should we go to Practice Hall and start practicing?" He asked. "We should practice, let's go before someone else catches us."

They made sure they don't get seen by anyone as they were on their way to Practice Hall. "This is a burden for me to ask you this question, but I know you had already danced with the other princes, but who do you think dances better?" That's a very difficult question for Ruby to even answer.

She hates picking favorites and favoritism isn't her thing. "I don't really have a favorite, but each of you I dance with, I just have fun. You all have unique dance skills and different emotions depending on the song we dance to, as long as we create a memory that will last forever." Her words touched his heart, he thought she was a kind person.

Upon arriving at Practice Hall, they hear loud shouts once again. This time, coming from the path down that leads to Tango Garden, they already recognized those shouts. "Let's go in," he says, grabbing her hand and pulling her inside, for safety. He locks the door, thankfully, they weren't spotted by them.

"I hope you don't mind practicing until dawn? I just want to make sure your cousins don't find me," Prince Seokjin bites his lip which makes him look attracted, in Ruby's thought.

"I don't mind at all? Where is Chip?" Ruby asked, seeing that they were both alone in the practice room. "I'm here!" Chip cheerfully shouts as she flies through an open window. "What an entrance!" Prince Seokjin says, clapping his hands. "Why thank you, your highness," Chip playfully bows like she just ended a theatrical performance.

"Please start the music, maestro," Prince Seokjin said. Chip flies over to the grand piano, her small fingers pressed against the white and black keys. Once the music started playing, Prince Seokjin and Ruby began their practice session. And that's how they ended their day, they practiced and practiced, ate lunch, and finished one more session.

By dawn, Prince Seokjin drops Ruby at the castle and rode a carriage back to the royal hotel. "tomorrow will be an early celebration of the King's birthday. I made sure your schedule is canceled and Practice Hall will be closed, so no practices happening. There will be a dance contest for the village to participate in, the King wants you to open the ceremony by performing a waltz with one of the chosen elite princes."

"Dance contest?" "Yes, it will be in Dance Hall, so make sure you are prepared to choose your dance partner," Chip reminds her. "Okay," Ruby said with a loud yawn.

That being so, the night ends. Just nine days left till the ball...

To Be Continued...

~~~~

1,745 Words