Running around

As she weaved in and out of the crowd. People moved in and out of her way. They sped up, and some slowed right down. She felt frustrated there were people everywhere. An older guy was trying to reach her. The smells of different food of the world passed through his nose. The city was alive with people again.

 Not like in lockdown where everywhere was still and peaceful. A few people were wandering around on their daily walks. Giving each other two-meter space.

 Now she was running from a guy who was following her. Trying to hide now through the crowds. She hid in a shop. The guy was looking around, wondering where she had gone. She smiled when he went in a different direction. He is gone, she thought. Or so she felt at the end of the ally she saw him again. She fled as fast as she could. People looked as the man chased her down the high street. The wind blew through her hair and clothes as she darted around people. The sound of his clothes moving through the air.

"Are you ok?" a woman asked, pulling her into the shop.

"Yes, I'm", she smiled, looking out the window.

"The man was chasing you" in shock. She was worried about her safety, seeing her pass the shop three times.

"Oh, that is my husband", the lady replied. The shopkeeper looked confused. "Oh, we always have a game of hide and seek slash chase. It is an annual tradition." 

"Found you," her husband yelled. She smiled as he pointed at her.