Dividing your empire

She had the whole empire the comics, books, the TV series and the films. She had built her empire up. And made tons of money in a time when it was not normal to have a woman in that position. She was the only one. And she was powerful.

A powerful woman was building her empire. And her universe she created. Of course, some people didn't like this. She had money to support herself. She was also scary. She had to. To get where she was. She was prominent in the TV and film industry.

But the time had come. It wasn't how she wanted it. The world had pointed out her issues; it stung her. Yes, she was horrible to people over the years. She could scare men out of the bathroom.

You would never see it. She also made women nervous. She did like her flip flops, so you would hear that, as she walked down the hall. She gave opportunity.

And then they would leave her. They were making their way into the world. Then sometimes, they would crawl back, and the power she had basically because they spent it all.

The rumours started to sneak out about her behaviour. She denied it or didn't say anything. She could keep them quiet years ago. Thirty years she had worked in crawling upwards.

It started with the bullying as the fight for attention from the beginning. She had made a lot from the Tony universe. The franchise was massive. Everyone loved it. It was a classic film from the main protagonist to the villain. The three different TV series was also a hit.

As you can imagine, along came the three books, showing what happened after the films and series—followed by the comics showing the whole story. She was a big hit in her homeland of Britain. The American fans liked her too.

Samantha looked around; she felt the guilt now. Everyone started to speak out. She was angry at first. But slowly,  acknowledged it was wrong. She had a plan to divide her empire into those she hurt. It would be a big task.

"Sorry, everyone. I'm mean, I know," speaking to her empty too. "I'm going to make it right", as a tear trickled down her cheek.

She got up to her desk to plan. She put a pen on a piece of paper. She took a deep breath in. She is only managed to get a sentence down before the house phone rang. It startled her.

She picked it up. It was a man's voice. It was Danny. She knew it, the only guy she loved. He was a hit on the series. It must have got out that they were a thing.

"Hi", she whispered. His breath was rapid.

"They know about us and think I betrayed them", he snapped. "Just say you're sorry. Others think we did it together". A tear ran down her cheek.

"You were nothing to do with my behaviour", she replied to him. She brushed her tears away.

"I was secretly in bed with you. My former co-stars think I did it for my career".

"That's not true", Samantha said quickly. It did look like it. And now, he will struggle with his career.

He exhaled. "I wish I didn't do it now" there was a pause. "Did you care about me?" He asked.

"Don't-"

"Don't what?. I'm fed up with all the drama, Samantha," Danny said as he hung up the phone. She fell to the floor, tears rolling down her face.

---

Time had now passed. And on this morning it was going to be big. Samantha had gone missing. And no one knew. Danny had driven to the house to sort her home. His wife suggested it, as she had been quiet for weeks.

"Hello", he called through the letterbox. There was no answer. He knocked again, "Open up", he yelled. Again no answer.

He started to wonder what had happened. Where was she? It was one of these things. He did not know what to do. But it was too quiet. Where are you? he thought. It was not like her to go away. She started to feel guilty about what he had said to her. It began to bother him. Had she taken him seriously?. He wanted to break the door down to see if she was okay. Then he started to massage them, his old cast.

 He told them she wasn't answering that Samantha was not answering him. They didn't quite understand what he had meant. They wondered. Then the neighbour spoke to Danny. And said to him they hadn't seen her for a while. That made Danny ask what happened. What could have happened to her?

That evening it went out. She was missing. The whole country started to wonder Samantha was nowhere to be seen. How could she go underneath the radar like that, they thought?. It was now a mystery. Where could she have gone? And was she still alive?  all now, Danny could hope. He did not want this.  It was then discovered he was the last person to talk to her knowingly.

Then her legal team came forward. It started to dived her empire if she died. Danny was on the list.

Story collections- Originalsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें