Christmas

Yes, it was going to be a strange Christmas again. The whole family together again. Hopefully, it won't be like last year when the tree burnt down. But, of course, having your autistic cousin get upset by a noise behind it didn't help.

Something happens every year. Having a large family and a few having some disability was something. Like when you were on your Christmas walk. Someone then admitted they had forgotten something. Or they were even needed to go to the loo beforehand.

They also learnt not to have blinding, flashy lights. It was how another tree fell. It was important not to upset anyone. Like how the turkey arrived alive. Like that it caused upset to your cousin who is a vegetarian.

Or you have to still keep the magic of Christmas too for the younger ones. And we are letting them believe in Santa a little longer, some longer than others, then smiling at the others knowingly. 

But like every Christmas, they would all fall asleep around the sofa at the end of the day. Your uncle snuggled up to your mum as if they were kids, snoring. Your grandparents were sleeping away from each other on the same seat. Your aunt was letting it rip in her sleep. The dog was watching everyone.