Chapter 40: Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"Why did you want to see me? We were about to leave." You said dryly.

"I am aware, I just wanted to talk to you about something before you left."

"What do we possibly have to talk about?" You said and Odin let out a small laugh.

He then walked closer to you and you took a few steps back. Odin gave a quick and slight nod to one of the guards standing in front of the door and he immediately got out of the room. You found this extremely weird but you decided to ignore it as the fact that Odin was standing in front of you smiling was even weirder.

"I don't understand what is happening." You finally said.

"Y/n you are quite special, to both of my sons."

"Okay...."

"You know that, no matter what Loki has told you I always tried to treat them equally. I never intended for him to feel neglected."

"Though it happened. Anyway this is none of my business, I don't care about your family drama. I have enough of my own." You said and crossed your arms in front of your chest.

"Ah, yes. Frigga has told me everything. Believe me y/n she has found solutions to various more complicated issues she will eventually figure this out too."

You didn't say anything, trying to hold back the urge to hit Odin in the face. Though at the same time you really needed a hug. You felt like in his own way he was trying to apologise or even comfort you.

Maybe you didn't know him that well but you knew he had a hard time expression his feelings. Maybe in the end he was good.

What was for sure was that you would never know that.

"I know you will come back y/n. You will come back to my son." Odin continued and you looked at him with a shocked face.

"Wha-"

"I have never seen Loki so happy in his entire life. You need to come back to him, because if he were to loose you for ever, he wouldn't be able to handle it." Odin took your hands in his and looked at you in the eyes.

At that point the guard re-entered the room and walked quickly towards you. Odin starred at him for a few seconds and then turned back to you. The guards was holding a squared wooden box in his hands with some beautiful carvings on it. You looked at it, still confused and then looked back at Odin who had now let go of your hands.

The guard then opened the box and inside there was a gorgeous silver necklace. It was a simple design, a small heart with a little diamond in the middle of it. Odin gently took the necklace out of the box and showed it to you.

"I gave this necklace to Frigga almost a week after I had met her. I had crafted it myself with all the love I had in my heart. I only knew her for so little but I was sure she was the one for me. Centuries later, when Thor and Loki had grown fully she finally took it off and put it inside this box. She told me that when the time were to come, it would adorn the right neck."

"I don't think I can..." You said but Odin insisted.

"Me and Frigga have been waiting for you to come into Loki's life. He has finally found happiness and even though he has to loose you for a while I know you will get back together."

Odin's words made your eyes fill up with tears. He gently placed the necklace on your neck and you thanked him for everything. You then gave him a tight hug before finally heading back outside.

Maybe in the end everyone had the right in redemption.

Maybe Odin was not that bad after all.

He obviously cared for Loki, he just couldn't show it to him properly.