Chapter 9

Mashiho woke earlier than usual that day. He sat up and rubbed his eyes for sometime. Suddenly he felt sadness inside his chest but he couldn’t figure out the reason.

But the moment Mashiho looked beside and saw Doyoung sleeping peacefully, every single memory from yesterday came rushing back to his mind as his vision suddenly became blurry. He was fighting back his tears when Doyoung slowly woke up.

“Good morning, hyung.” He said while letting out a yawn. When looked at Mashiho’s glossy eyes, Doyoung’s eyes softened but he didn’t say anything.

“I’ll go freshen up.” And saying so Doyoung got up and excused himself from Mashiho’s room. The elder one sighed and finally went to wash his face.

Doyoung soon cane into Mashiho’s room and saw Mashiho sitting in front of his computer, staring at the black screen. A sigh escaped from Doyoung’s mouth  as Mashiho looked behind hearing it. “Oh Doyoung.” Only this left from Mashiho’s mouth.

“Let’s go have breakfast.” Doyoung said as Mashiho got up, “What do you wanna have today?” Mashiho asked. Doyoung just smiled, “Hyung you can rest today, I’ll make something.” The shorter one didn’t say anything, just gave a simple nod.

The Korean boy didn’t make anything special. Just toasted bread and fried eggs. Usually if he made any meal, he’d make it special doing a lot of experiment. But the situation made him cook otherwise. Mashiho didn’t complain about the food being too simple though. He quietly ate half of the food but later he just kept playing with the food.

A soft sigh escaped from Doyoung’s lips. He took the plate from Mashiho and held a bite in front of the latter.

Mashiho sighed, Doyoung was giving so much effort for him, he didn’t have any choice other than accepting Doyoung’s effort and moving on with his help.

So he opened his mouth and ate the rest of the food as Doyoung fed him.

Doyoung and Mashiho didn’t really interact with Jihoon or Jeongwoo after that.

Doyoung told Mashiho about Jeongwoo knowing about his feelings for Junkyu. Mashiho didn’t really mind saying that everyone will know eventually. But inside he was grateful to Doyoung for helping him.

Sitting on the bed in silence was getting boring so Doyoung scooted closer to Mashiho as the latter sighed. “Why did all of this happen?” He suddenly exclaimed. Doyoung’s eye softened at that.

“Hyung I understand how you feel but think about Junkyu hyung.” Mashiho looked at Doyoung in the eyes at that. “Think about the guilt he feels, it’s probably eating him up.” The younger one continued. Mashiho’s face didn’t hold any specific expression. He suddenly said, “What are you trying to say?” He asked. Doyoung took a deep breath and said, “Hyung I think you should start talking to him, I mean it’d be less awkward between you two then. Obviously you don’t have to talk today, start taking baby steps and try to get normal with him.”

Mashiho kept looking at the younger for quite a while before nodding and giving him a small smiled, “You’re right, I’ll try.” Doyoung smiled back and suddenly stood up.

His face held the biggest smile ever as he said, “I’ll take you somewhere! Get ready!” And before the elder could protest, Doyoung was already out of the sight, getting ready to go outside.

Usually for going out, Mashiho would dress up fashionably but today was an exception. Doyoung did get a bit surprised at first, seeing Mashiho in just a white t-shirt with a jeans and he didn’t wear any accessories too. But later the younger did realize what made Mashiho dress like this today.

But without saying anything, he dragged the shorter one outside, not saying where they were going.

“Children park?” Mashiho exclaimed seeing where Doyoung took him. The elder had crossed eyebrows as Doyoung said, “Believe me hyung, playing with kids will light up your mood!”

Doyoung wasn’t wrong though, it did make Mashiho forget about Junkyu even for a while.

At first the kids there didn’t really liked the idea of Doyoung and Mashiho playing with them. But later they blended so well together that the kids were literally jumping in joy.

“Doyoung hyung! Doyoung hyung!” A kid suddenly tugged at Doyoung’s shirt. Doyoung sat down to the kid’s level and stared talking to him sweetly, but he didn’t know how Mashiho was admiring the cute sight in front of him. The way Doyoung was even so kind with the kids, warmed Mashiho’s heart that he couldn’t help but smile.

“I found you, Rowoon!” Mashiho exclaimed as they were playing hide-and-seek with the kids. The kid laughed cutely and did some gestures with his hand letting out some ‘Baam’.

Mashiho knew well what the kid was doing. So he acted as the kid was throwing attacks to him and fell down dramatically. The kid quickly came beside him and jumped in victory. Mashiho sat up while giggling as he ruffled the kid’s fluffy hair, completely forgetting about the sadness he felt the whole day.

After that, Mashiho and Doyoung played in swings and slides with the kids and finally it was time to return to their dorm.

“Thank you for today, Doyoungie.” Mashiho thanked as Doyoung smiled softly. “I will try to move on as fast as possible and be normal with him again!” Mashiho said with passion as Doyoung gave an encouraging smile and a pat on the latter’s shoulder.

But when they had an eye-contact with Junkyu and Jihoon while waiting for the lift, Mashiho’s face dropped again.

None of the four boys talked just Jihoon was smiling at them.

And with that, the happiness Mashiho felt with the kids and Doyoung, died down as well.

Hello!

My school's gonna re-open soon, so there might be some slow updates :')