He watched me in disbelief.
"You made it yourself?!"

I nodded unable to stop my smile at his cute reaction.

"You can even cook?"

I nodded again.
"I'm not that good, but try." I said shyly.

"Wow! That's amazing. What other things can you do?" He said opening the tiffin and smelling it.

"It's just simple aloo matar sabzi and Chapati." I said.

"Oh, I like this. It's been a while since I had this." He said with excitement in his voice, tearing the Chapati and having a bite while I waited curiously for his reaction
"Mmm....soo good!"

I was soo relieved.

"Thank God. I was worried if you'd like it or not."

"Meher, this is too good....Actually, my Mom is always busy with her work so usually we have to order in or settle with Maggie or pasta."

No wonder why he never brings a tiffin or anything. Either he eats at the canteen or doesn't eat at all.

I watched him as he was heartily eating it and my chest felt warm seeing him. I don't know why but I got such satisfaction, even more compared to seeing my family eat my food. They're always complaining about the taste but he was enjoying such a simple sabzi as if it was something like a continental dish.

"I'll bring a tiffin for you tomorrow too then."

"Hm? No need to take such trouble for me."

"It's no trouble. I just have to make a bit more. No problem there."

"Well, if you insist....but this is too good huh. Can you make this same tomorrow too?"

I giggled nodding and ate my own tiffin too.

####
"I heard you bring an extra lunch box everyday for my son. That is soo sweet of you Meher beta."

Shazia aunty said as she was taking my measurements. I was back at Imraan's place. Mumma wanted to give my dress materials for stitching and I said I knew a good tailor on my way to college. So here I was!

"Yes.... he's helping me with studies soo much even though I trouble him a lot. I'm not that bright actually. So I thought atleast I could do that much for him in return." I replied sheepishly.

She laughed.
"I bet he must be liking you troubling him."

"Huh?" Her words confused me.

"Nothing nothing.... you're soo adorable." She pinched my cheek after taking my shoulder measure.
"Thankyou for making lunch boxes for my son everyday. I'm a terrible cook actually and I can't even do much for him and his father as I'm mostly busy with work. But he's such a sweet son that he never complaints. I feel like a terrible mother and wife sometimes." She sighed heavily shaking her head.

"I don't think so." I said abruptly and she was looking at me and now I didn't know what to say next. Shit! That's the problem with me. I start babbling without thinking

She just smiled
"I knew you would say that. Now tell me what neck designs would you like?"

She said showing me some pamphlets changing the subject. I smiled. It's like she can understand my every uneasiness and just push it away not wanting me to stress on it.

Whenever I see her, deep inside I wish ...if my mother was just like her.

#####
Many students my age have the luxury of sleeping in till late on Sundays. I, on the other hand cannot enjoy such luxurious as I need to wake up early and start cleaning the whole house 3bhk banglow, scrub the toilets and then help Mumma make breakfast. After that wash dishes, then dry the clothes then again help with lunch....bla bla bla....by evening I'm completely beat. However, sunday isn't the only day for me as such.... it's a regular routine minus the full house cleaning.