There was something really wrong with me...or was it her? She always makes me behave in ways I usually don't.

"She looks pretty...not her usual shabby self." Hanzala commented.

"And that friend of hers, Zoya, she looks gorgeous. Hey, should I ask her out?" Afzal said grinning like a fool.

"You like her?" I was honestly surprised.

"I don't know.... but she looks pretty, so why not." He shrugged.

I shook my head. He's always like that, falling for every pretty girl he sees and I've just given up hope on him. However, I'm pretty sure, Zoya is smart enough to ignore his advances.

"Or should I just go for Qadri?"

At this my hand moved on it's own as I smacked the back of his head.

"Ouch! What was that for?!"

"Oh... I...uh..." I was dumbfounded.

Why did I do that?

"Pay attention on your career and not girls." I said then to hide my awkwardness.

"Chill bro! Atleast let him enjoy today Mr Hitler!" Hanzala said looking at me a bit surprised.

I shook my head and moved away from them.

####
All us first years were taken to a hall were the function was. The seniors had arranged a lot of games and performances for our welcome. There was one thing really good though, there were no cases of raging in this college. The seniors were all good and disciplined.

I looked around and found Meher with her friends somewhere in the middle row. All of them were busy chatting but she was the only one quite. Just observing everyone with a poker face. So she gets uncomfortable in social gatherings huh?

The seat beside her got empty so I quickly made my way there.

"Hey!" I gave a friendly smile.

She looked at me blinking before replying meekly, tilting her body to a side and leaning away from me a bit.
"Uh...hi."

"You look different today... quite beautiful I must say."

At this her cheeks slightly flushed pink, or was it her makeup. She said nothing though, just smiled. Seeing her up close I realised, she looks better without makeup on. I couldn't tell her that of course, she's already soo introverted and self-conscious. She'll flip if I say something stupid.

"You remember me don't you?"

"Ah yes, I have to return your money."

I laughed.
"I didn't come here for that. I just wanted to talk...just casually." I shrugged.
"You don't have to return the money."

"How...can I do that? You..."

"Do you even know my name?" I cut her off changing the subject.

Now she was frozen. Damn, her reaction was soo cute.

I grinned.
"It's Imraan." I informed.

"Oh." She smiled.

She doesn't smile much, but her smile is kinda cute.

There was an awkward silence then I noticed there was conffetti on her hair and unconsciously I was leaning towards her, taking it out but when I looked at her face she was gaping at me like a scared little bunny.

"There was conffetti in your hair." I said blowing it away.

"Oh... thanks "

"You're welcome."