Chapter 21 - Dramatic Meetings

Ready for some drama?👀

Enjoy!

*****

Kameela Devgan

"Kameela, you're confusing me a lot. Just admit it already that he's not going to- " She said in her calmest tone as if she's taking the defeat but I'm not going to keep this away any longer so I cut in. "He's here already. "

She looked around us once again with more attentive and shrugged her shoulders. "Where? "

"Right beside me. Just straight infront of you. " I let her know and she stared at me like I went crazy. Her eyes eventually gazing up and down to the side which I told her.

"This isn't a joke, Cabello. You're playing hide and seek with me, huh? " I knew that this is going to be her first expression.

"No, Lisa. I'm serious. He's right beside me, it's just....you can't see him but I can. He's more like invisible. " I explained the only thing that I had thought to be weird about us and she looked at me for two seconds before laughing out aloud, until I feared that she might lead all the neighbors to my door right now.

"Is this some kind of movie like, The Invisible Man or....Hollow Man? Eh? " She was clearly regaled our of my confession.

"Laugh all you want, but I'm serious that I'm telling the truth. " I stood my ground as I knew that she wouldn't believe me easily.

How can I even expect that she would believe me at the first place? She even hates fantasy or sci-fi movies just because of the illogical or impossible scenes.

Hearing my strong exclamation, she stopped mocking me eventually and stared at me with concern while standing up to walk in my direction. "Cabello, having imaginary boyfriend is fine until you only imagine them in your brain but in reality, that will never work. You will find a nice man soon but please don't imagine- "

"Lisa! He's not an imaginary boyfriend, okay? He's right here beside me. I know that you wouldn't believe me and no one will, but....this is the truth. " I tried my best to convince her and she took a minute before nodding her head.

"Fine! Then, proof it? " She demanded as she had her arms across her chest. Eyes sternly narrowed at me.

Proof it? How can I proof it without scaring her away?

"What should we do, baby? " He asked me, loud enough for any to hear.

"But....I can't- " I was stopped in middle of my words when I saw her eyes doubling in size.

"Wait, that's....that's the same male voice I heard from your phone that day. Did you hear that? " She asked me with a frown and it was my turn to be surprise right now.

She can hear him!

"You heard it? "

"Yes, he just asked of what should you guys be doing? With a baby on it. " Lisa answered, still frowning over the hidden agenda. "He sounds so close though, is he in the call or something? " She was deliberate to know how is it possible and fetched my handphone away from me, checking the notifications and caller IDs to know whether any call trespassed or not.

"He's not in the call. Then, how come-"

"Lisa, you can hear me in person? " He was astonished just like me.

She gasped and her words died midway on her words as she quickly flinched away from her left, for now really feeling his voice closer. Her breathing going uneven. "See! Y-You can hear it too, right? What was that, Kameela? " She held onto my hand now for cover.