Powerful Ending

Stanley was back in his office. He had only been gone for about a day, out of fear alone. The Narrator could do anything to get revenge on Stanley. But Stanley wasn't so sure the Narrator wanted revenge. Perhaps the Narrator wanted absolutely nothing to do with Stanley. Taking in a deep breathe, Stanley stepped out of his office. At first there was nothing. No noise. But then....

"All of his co-workers were gone. What could it mean? Stanley decided to go to the meeting room; perhaps he had simply missed a memo."

Stanley let out a sigh of relief. The Narrator wasn't going to abandon Stanley. Though, Stanley did notice that the Narrator sounded mentally exhausted. Stiffly, Stanley walked to the room with the two doors. 

"When Stanley came to a set of two open doors, he entered the door on his left."

Stanley, hesitantly, moved to the right. At first the Narrator didn't speak. Stanley then heard an odd noise, as if the Narrator was swallowing. 

"This was not the correct way to the meeting room, and Stanley knew it perfectly well. Perhaps he wanted to stop by the employee lounge first, just to admire it."

Stanley picked up the pace and arrived at the meeting room, waiting for the Narrator to speak. 

"Ah, yes. Truly a room worth admiring. It had really been worth the detour after all, just to spend a few moments here in this immaculate, beautifully-constructed room." 

Stanley continued walking, he had already heard this before. 

"But eager to get back to business, Stanley took the first open door on is left."

Stanley took a small glance at the room to his left and decided to continue. 

"Stanley was so bad at following directions; it's incredible he wasn't fired years ago." 

Stanley was unbothered by the remark as the Narrator often said things like this. For a moment, Stanley simply stared down at the edge. Would the fall actually kill him? Stanley pondered. It could severely damage his legs, but actually kill him? Curiosity was pulling at him. So Stanley looked to the ceiling, Signed "S-O-R-R-Y" in ASL, and jumped off. Everything went black. 

"But in his eagerness to prove that he is in control of the story and no one gets to tell him what to do, Stanley leapt from the platform and plunged to his death. Good job, Stanley. Everyone thinks you are very powerful."