Chapter 8 - Peyoung Yakisoba

Start from the beginning

It's Baji Keisuke.

Reading the Tokyo Revengers manga, I had cried many times. But, one of the saddest moments to me will forever be the part where Baji stabs himself to protect everyone. I remember having to bite my blanket so that the crying sounds didn't reach my parents' room. 

So, when I see the very Baji Keisuke that caused me to cry like a baby for hours in front of me, I cannot stop my tears from falling.

"Oi Oi, are you seriously crying because I threatened to take the Peyoung Yakisoba?" He looks at me in disbelief. Not really paying attention to what he's saying, and just focusing on listening to his voice, I nod my head without thinking.

"Aghhhh you like it that much?" I nod again.

"I guess there's no other choice. You buy it and we'll split it in half." 

'Huh?'

'Wait what?'

I'm currently sitting on a chair outside the convenience store, splitting up Peyoung Yakisoba with Baji Keisuke...

With my tears finally drying, I sniffle a bit and eat some of the noodles to satisfy my hungry stomach. "You sure you were crying because of the yakisoba?" Baji asks me. 'I was crying because of you existing in front of me, but I can't really say that now, can I?'

"Yeah..." I lie.

"You've got quite a kick there. Do some martial arts?" He asks while I look at him confused. He laughs at my confusion and says, "I saw you kicking the tree like your life depended on it out there." 

'He saw me doing that. How embarrassing...'  

"I..uhm.. I was just training for a bit." I say, taking another bite of the noodles. 'Now that I think about it, why is Baji talking to a stranger right now?'

"The night street is dangerous so get back home before it gets too dark." He suddenly advises me, having finished his half of the noodles.

"If it's okay, can I ask why you're talking to a complete stranger like me? And.. even telling me to be safe.." 'Was Baji always this kind of person?'

"Well you're talking to a stranger too, aren't you?" He replies. 'Oh right.. he doesn't know that I know him.'

"I guess..."

"Let's just say, it's the kind of day where you don't want to talk to anybody you know. So, getting frustrated at myself, maybe I was trying to talk with a random stranger. " 

'Considering the date, the Valhalla arc is approaching. Could it be... he's thinking about his decisions right now? I need to stop him. But what do I even say to him without sounding like a creep? Should I even be stopping him... I want to prevent Baji's death but if I try to do something and the outcomes change, I won't know what happens in the future anymore. Then... I won't be able to help Takemicchi as a partner..'  I carefully think about all my options.

"Uhm.. I know I'm just a random stranger passing by, but if you want to talk about something, I'll listen!" I loudly declare. "I know it may seem weird but talking to someone who doesn't know you and you'll probably never see again could be easier in a sense... maybe?" 

He just laughs at my determination. "Thanks kiddo but you wouldn't understand even if I told you. It's probably better for you to not know about it." 

He flashes me a toothy grin and all I can do is just sit and stare. 

'I really don't want him to die.'

__________________

Back at Mitsuya's house, Aoi took her leave in the afternoon. Hakkai and Mitsuya were sitting in the living room when Hakkai starts laughing like crazy.

"Dude, can you get any more obvious?" Hakkai begins. "To think that you would be so relieved to hear that she thinks of me as a little brother." 

"Huh? What do you mean?" Mitsuya feigns ignorance, but deep down he knew what Hakkai said was true.

.

.

"Stop with the act Taka-chan, you're so in love with her."