Chapter 8 - Peyoung Yakisoba

Start from the beginning

"So you're telling me that you think of Hakkai as a little brother?" 

"Hey! Don't say that so suddenly in front of him!" I protest. "It's embarrassing..." I mutter while covering my face with both of my hands. 

"Is that so? So that's what it was!" He seems a little too enthusiastic about it while Hakkai seems to be giving a knowing smile. 

'Am I the only one who's confused here?'

"I actually have an older sister. Her name is Yuzuha." Hakkai says and I have to act like it's my first time hearing this information. "If you're okay with it, would you like to meet her someday?"

"Is that really okay? I'd love to meet her!" I speak with excitement. 'Getting to meet such a pretty girl like Yuzuha would be my lucky day.'

"You're talking quite a lot now Hakkai." Takashi says at the side.

"I g-guess I'm starting to feel a bit comfortable." He answers. 'Yes, still as adorable as ever.'

"I'm so glad to hear that, hehe. If you want to, you can call me Onee-san." I joke, doing a victory pose for having conquered the quest of talking with him.

"I don't think I wanna do that." He replies, making the three of us laugh out loud.

_____________________

A few days have passed since that day. As the days go by, I'm slowly starting to remember a lot of things from my past life. Trying my hardest not to smoke, especially after that one encounter, I searched up ways to quit the smoking urges. There I see, "Sucking on a lollipop may help you resist the temptation to reach for cigarette."  'So that guy Hanma actually knew what he was doing that day..'

I then decided to buy an entire stack of lollipops to help with my urges. 

Not all memories of my past life were bad for me like smoking though. Equations have become much easier, I suddenly know how to dance, and today I'm going to test out the one skill that'll make life easier for me in this world.

Martial arts.

It's around 7 in the evening. I make my way towards a sturdy tree nearby a convenience store. I'll just have to do it, to test it. 

I start trying out different kicks that I remember. Compared to my past attempt of what was supposed to be a punch, my skills this time look a lot more promising. I lose track of time while practising hard, breaking a sweat.

Starting to feel a bit hungry, I go to the convenience store. There I see one last Peyoung Yakisoba left. 'This was the food that Baji enjoyed so much..'

I was about to grab it when suddenly a hand from the other side grabs it at the same time. 

"Hey, I saw it first so let go." A dark voice threatens.

I look at the owner of the voice, and my tears threaten to fall.