Turn 39: Surprised

At the Hotel

Shion: "You really want to surprise her again huh?"

Chrono: "Yeah, luckily I was here before her birthday. I was here in my kids birthday as well and now, I want to be at her birthday as well..."

Shion: "Looks like Tokoha is lucky to have you as her husband."

Chrono: "What about Am? I'm sure she's lucky to have someone like you as a husband."

Shion: "Well, I don't know... you can ask her."

Chrono: (Chuckled) "Fine.."

Shion: "Anyway, I'm glad that Dran is fixed. I was so shocked when you said that he died."

Chrono: "Yeah..."

Shion: "Anyway, see you tomorrow at your house."

Chrono: "Tokoha and the kids still don't know anything about this right?"

Shion: "No, as far as I know... well, see you tomorrow."

Chrono: "Yeah!"

Shion then left his hotel room...

At Shindou's Residence

Tokoha: Looks like Chrono is still at Cray since there is no news that he's back... well, I'm just hoping that Dran is fixed...

Ryoma: "Mother?"

Tokoha: "Huh? Ryoma?"

Ryoma: "What are you thinking about, mother?"

Tokoha: "Eh? Nothing..."

Ryoma: "You're thinking about father aren't you?"

Tokoha: "You can read my mind..."

Ryoma: "I really want father to be at mother's birthday just like when he was here at me and Haru's birthday."

Tokoha: "Me too..."

Ryoma: "But mother, has father ever surprised you on your birthday when you were young?"

Tokoha: "Yeah, before he became an astronaut, he once surprised me."

Ryoma: "Sounds like an interesting story, I'd like to hear it."

Tokoha: "You sure?"

Ryoma: "Of course... I'm 13 years old already so I'm old enough to hear your love story hehe..."

Tokoha: (Giggles) "Of course you're not old enough... but I'll tell you anyway."

Ryoma: "Alright, I'm all ears!"

Tokoha: (Giggles) "I was about to turn 19 years old back then. I went to Japan because I lived in Paris during my teenager years..."

Ryoma: "Okay... then?"

Tokoha: "Your father and our friends had a plan to surprised me on uncle Shion's mansion... but I didn't know of course. So when I went there, everyone was there including your father... and I was so surprised."

Ryoma: "Eh..."

Tokoha: "And what I didn't know as well, it was your father's plan because he wanted to confess his feelings to me."

Ryoma: "Eh?!" (Put his hand on his mouth)

Tokoha: "Remember that Haru is asleep already... yeah, he confessed and I accepted."

Ryoma: "So that's how mother and father got into a relationship."

Tokoha: "Yep, since then we have some highs and lows. Sometimes our relationship went sweet but sometimes it went sour as well. But despite all of that..."