It was our job to make sure that didn't happen.

I bumped her shoulder with mine as Greyson, Colt, and Aidan dove into a discussion about the fight. "Only teasing. We are happy if you are happy". 

She smiled at me before turning her attention back to the guys and taking a sip of her Dr. Pepper. 

"All I want to know," Colt began, "is why in the fuck you let yourself get knocked around so much tonight". 

"The guy is a tank, Colt. I wasn't as prepared as I should have been and I got a few lucky hits in", Aidan spoke between bites. "And before you start with a lecture that I don't need, X already grilled me on it before you guys got to the locker room. I'm pulling double workouts for two weeks because of it". 

Normally Aidan only worked out once a day. Albeit for multiple hours, but if he was going to be putting double's in he must have really been in danger of losing tonight. 

Colt looked like he wanted to say more but Lark cut him off before he had the chance. 

"No more shoptalk tonight okay guys? Let's just hang out. Watch a movie, play video games or a board game. I don't care". 

Aidan threw her a grateful look that he didn't even bother hiding from Colt. 

"Actually, we were wondering if we could talk... about what's happening between all of us", Greyson said. He had always had a calming tone to his voice. I wondered if he was suddenly laying it on thick to keep her at ease. 

Lark put down the fry she was about to eat. "Talk... right. About the fact that I've kissed most of you I'm guessing". 

Pride washed over me as I took in her words. The Lark we met a couple of months ago would have never been so forward. When she first stumbled back into our lives, she was strong physically but timid and cautious. Now, she was starting to build up that mental strength too. 

"Exactly. This is new for us too", Grey said. 

She nodded before getting up to throw the remaining scraps of her meal away. "Come on", she said. "If we are going to have this conversation let's at least be comfy for it". Walking out of the kitchen, she plopped down on the couch in the living room and threw her favorite blanket over her legs. 

Colt had gone out and bought her a bunch of different blankets of various sizes and textures after she complained about our apartment feeling too cold a few weeks ago. He thought she had meant the literal temperature. 

The four of us had a nice laugh at his expense when he came through the elevator in a tornado throw blankets and Lark didn't have the heart to tell him that she was talking about the interior design. 

Following suit, I threw my cup and burger wrappings away before claiming the spot next to her on the couch. Her hand reached out to take mine and I suddenly didn't feel as nervous for this conversation as I had a moment ago.