Chapter Thirteen

Sunset took one last look at her apartment, carrying a couple duffel bags holding all her belongings. Her backpack sat on her shoulders, carrying the things she knew she would need the most. She bit her lip, trying to take in final memories of her own world before going to meet with her friends to go into the book for good. 

"Just make sure you don't get into trouble," Rainbow Dash's mom said as she finished stuffing the last of her sports stuff away. 

"Mom, you know I won't," Rainbow Dash said, zipping up the last of her luggage. 

For a moment, mother and daughter stared at each other. Her dad had died two years ago, which did make the leaving a little easier, she figured. 

"Just remember that I love you," her mom said, tearing up. 

"I'll call you every day," Rainbow Dash said. "I'll try my best."

Her mother smiled. 

"I remember when you wanted nothing but to leave us," she sniffed. 

"I don't know what I was thinking," Rainbow Dash said, feeling herself cry as well as she and her mom embraced for the last time. "I don't know what's going on anymore."

"Shh..." her mom said, running her hands through her daughter's hair. "It's going to be okay. I'm sure you'll have a better life knowing you won't be around knowing you're an elf."

Rainbow Dash ran her hand across her nose, coating it in snot. 

"Just try to send me pictures when you start school," her mom said. "I want to see how cute you'll look."

"Fine," Rainbow Dash said, picking up her backpack. "Let's go."

"No! You can't leave!" Applebloom sobbed. 

"I don't wanna, either," Applejack cried as the two sisters hugged each other tightly. "But I don't have a choice. They said I need to move there. Effective immediately."

Applebloom cried harder. 

"You were the one who kept me strong when Momma and Daddy died," she said. "What's gonna happen now?"

Applejack didn't know. 

"You take care of yourself, now will you?" Granny Smith took Applejack's hand, tears running down her face. 

"Sure thing," Applejack said. "And if anything happens, I'll fight my way to help y'all."

"Don't worry about us," Granny Smith said. "We'll be fine."

Applejack wiped her eyes, trying not to cry anymore.

The girls all stood in front of the glowing book. 

"It's all in," Twilight said, dropping the last suitcase into the book. "Should lead us to Everglen, from what the words said."

The Equestria Girls shared a look. 

"You girls ready?" she asked. 

"Why not?" Sunset said. "It's not like we're going there forever."

"Yeah," Twilight said, but none of them could hide their sadness. 

"I wonder how Sophie's doing," Fluttershy said. "She must be feeling awful."

None of them answered the question as they stepped into the book, the wind sealing it shut once Rarity entered, the Equestria Girls out of their world for good.