Chapter 10- A Midnight Stroll

~~~~~Chapter 10~~~~~
Nao's POV

When I got back home, I saw Madara pacing around the hallways. I was wondering why he was there when he finally noticed me and approached me with his usual expression, eyes narrowed with his signature frown.

"Why did you take so long in delivering a scroll?" he asked.

I sighed. "Can't I spend time with my friends at least? You act as if you're my mother, Madara."

He raised an eyebrow in response to what I said. "Really, Nao? You compare me to your mother?"

I smiled. "You worry about me as much as she does. Plus, she means a lot to me as much as you're important to me, and I love her as much as I do you."

He wrapped an arm around my waist and brought me closer to him. "Then I must be that special to you," he whispered in my ear, and I swore that I had goosebumps all over when he did that.

"Anyway, who were you with?" he asked, pulling away.

"Sena and Yuzu of the Sarutobi clan," I answered.

"You seem to be spending time with them a lot," he said.

A lot? I've only spent time with them twice! I cocked my head to the side while raising an eyebrow in amusement and smirked.

"Madara...could you have been jealous?" I said, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Me? Jealous?" he said and chuckled. "Why would I be jealous?"

"You always begin to interrogate me when I go out for a while. You also say that I spend time with them a lot when I just talked to them twice. Is that not enough proof?" I asked.

"Hmph. I wouldn't be jealous of women."

"What if I say that I was hanging out with a man?"

With this, he seemed to have snapped. He pinned me on the wall roughly, and I gasped.

"Oh? Who would even have the courage to try and be close to my woman?" he growled.

"Someone who might be stronger than you, an equal, or a fool," I replied.

"No matter who it would be, I would kill that person whether it be a man or a woman if he or she tries to get close to you."

"M-Madara..." I said, looking him in the eye, and smiled. "I love you."

"I love you as well."

~~

I sighed as I rubbed my eyes. I wasn't able to sleep. I looked outside, at the moon. It looked so peaceful.

Since I couldn't sleep, I decided to go for a walk. I adjusted my yukata to look more presentable even though I would be alone.

I walked to the garden and walked around a bit when I heard some footsteps. I turned around and came face to face with Madara.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I should be asking you that myself. You were the one who suddenly disappeared," he said. He probably got woken up by me, for I can notice that he's still half-awake.

"I couldn't sleep, so I decided to take a walk. I'm sorry if I woke you up..."

He sighed.

"You can go back to sleep if you want," I offered.

"Nevermind that. I'm already awake anyway. I will accompany you in your walk."

"Fine then."

The walk was silent, but it wasn't awkward nor uncomfortable.

"Hey, Madara."

"Yeah?"

"I'm just curious but...what was your reaction when you found out they arranged a marriage for us?" I asked.

"I..."

"You what?"

"I flipped a table."

"Alright then..."

We continued to walk silently until I tripped on a rock. I almost fell into the koi pond, but a pair of strong arms wrapped around me before I could.

"Madara! T-thank you."

I felt a wave of relief wash over me as he kept his hold on my body. At the same time, a blush crept up on my face when I realized how close we were to each other.

"You should be more careful," he scolded.

I smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry."

"For that, you need to be punished."

"W-why?!"

"You made me feel worried. You might've gotten hurt," he said.

Third Person's POV

She knew all too well that Madara was stronger than her, so she prepared herself for a fight. She was expecting a hit that never came because what landed on her was a kiss on the lips. She gasped, eyes widening in surprise, as Madara only smirked.

"Why would I hurt you as punishment when I didn't want you to get hurt? I'd be a hypocrite if I did that," he said, proceeding to kiss her forehead.

Then he kissed her cheek and went to go for her neck. He opened a part of her yukata and planted another kiss near her chest.

His kisses were gentle for a punishment, and she was enjoying it as well.

A moan escaped her lips, and his smirk only grew wider. Her blush grew a deeper shade of red as she was backed into a corner and ended up falling into the pond anyway. Only this time, she fell with Madara with him on top.

"Now, we are both wet."

He sighed and stood up. "Let's go, before you catch a cold," he said, offering her a hand.

She gladly accepted it and stood up. She adjusted her yukata and she noticed that he was looking at her.

"Why are you looking at me?" she asked.

He smirked again, taking strands of her hair and playing with them. "It's just that...you're beautiful."

She immediately felt her face heating up. He wasn't the type who would say such things so casually. "Um...are you okay?"

He only raised an eyebrow at her. "I was merely stating a fact. If you weren't, I wouldn't have married you and fallen in love with you."

~~~~~
A/N

I can't help but notice the double meaning when Nao said, "Now we are both wet," after I finished writing it. Hehe~