Chapter twenty ~ feeling whole again

Lexi Barnes' Pov
Once we got out of the hospital Avalon drove us to the gangs rental house.
My brothers were all pacing when Avalon helped me into the house, when we got in the boys all looked up they all had puffy red eye and I was now using my crutches as well as my brace that has been tightly wrapped around my leg since when I first arrived here Chris told me if I did too much I would pay for it. So when we sat down at the house and I felt the same pain in my leg I ran into the bathroom and found enough supplies to cast myself on my leg.
I had watched Chris do the cast both times so I knew what was needed.  I took it too the living room where Laurence sat behind me before lifting me to sit in his lap, while Avalon removed my brace and began to wrap my leg once the first layer was complete Avalon taped it down then left to go get some water.
This would be to activate the plaster of the cast, this was going to take quite some time to do so I let myself relax into Laurence as he held me.
I saw Avalon visibly relax as soon as I did, she probably could have stitched my bullet wound up but we wanted to be safe and get a real doctor to check it out.
Just as we finished I got a call from Dani and Chris.
"Hi did you get her?" Dani asked.
"Yup hi Dan the man." Avalon giggled.
"Now I see what you mean."Chris mumbled but I heard him.
"Care to explain Chris?" I asked jokingly.
"Sure Dani said you are like the opposite of each other so you make a balance when you're together and I see it Avalon is happy and like a ball of sunshine and you well you're you." He laughed nervously.
"You're lucky I love you both otherwise that comment would have made you both six feet under by now." I laughed before Dani and Chris said goodbye hanging up.
That was an eventful day and all I wanted to do was sleep.
The pain, the blood and the all around exhaustion hit me when Avalon came and sat next to me.
I fell asleep on Avalon's chest and she must have told the boys where to sleep because I woke up the next morning on the same fold out sofa bed with Avalon but no one else around.
Eventually I was fully awake but decided not to get up and to mess on my phone and take some pictures of me and Avalon again that I could print out when we got home but at that time I decided I was still tired so buried my head in Avalon again in the position I had woken up in.
Leo Barnes' Pov
It's hard to think that we all thought Nova was going to die but then her girlfriend bust through the doors of the house we had been staying in. It was clear Avalon was panicked so when she was calm enough to tell us what happened we all ran to the car garage at the house and I can guarantee I broke a lot of traffic laws in that moment.
However the worse thing was when Laurence shot Demetrius the bastard shot my sister we all thought we had lost her until Avalon shot in to action she was a born leader clearly. She told us to go home and wait for them to return which they did it was clear that they both loved each other and trusted each other.
We were pretty chill until Nova was in pain she hobbled off and came back with the materials to cast her leg which had been healing well but given that she had been fighting it was clear to see it wasn't good anymore she handed Avalon the supplies and sat in Laurence's lap while Avalon worked quickly at casting her leg.
The rest of the evening was chilling out until one am when Avalon told us where to sleep while she and Nova slept on the pullout couch in the sitting room.
The next morning we had all woke up except the resident love birds who both looked like they needed a good sleep to be honest we took some pictures of them while they were asleep knowing Nova would want them.
We had to wake them eventually so we could go back to the states and continue our lives. Nova had booked us some commercial flights for three hours later so we all had to pack our shit up which to be honest didn't take us that long. Once we got to the airport all we had to do was remove our glasses and everyone moved for us to be boarded on to our plane in under an hour surprisingly we were the only one on our flight so it set off almost instantly.
Once we were back home everyone was running to the house excluding Nova who was getting a piggy back of Avalon their relationship is so precious.
It was clear they had missed each other over the last three years simply by the way Nova nuzzled into Avalon's neck.
Once we got to our house Avalon looked lost and Nova was asleep on her back so Levi grabbed Avalon's hand and led her to Nova's room where they both be staying given we made sure to order a king sized bed for Nova so there would be plenty of room for the two of them.
"She looked so happy even asleep you could tell she was happy." Laurence awed at the situation making us all nod in agreement.
"They both did." I agreed with him smiling before heading to my room to study some more for my university course in law and it had been a while since I had looked over the specification.
I ended up passing out while trying to study.