Chapter eighteen ~ liam

Liam Barnes' Pov
I stop by Lexi's room earlier than normal because Nonno and Nonna are coming over today so we all need to be ready.
Lexi had finally stopped being sick but she was still largely just clammy and dizzy.
She lets her guard down a lot around me I think it's because of the role I play in our family the boys like to say I am the mother hen of the group.
Lexi was just sleeping when I turned up she looked really peaceful and after a half hour she woke up.
"What was papa like ma'am never spoke about him?" She asked me.
"He loved all of us that was clear, when you and Levi were born dad was able to teach you all the love you needed was from us, he would be found sleeping on the mattress in your nursery because he never wanted anything bad to happen. He was the happiest man alive when he found out he had a daughter but then Mary had to be a bitch and cheat on him then take away his daughter. He was still the dad I remember but he smiled less and worked more looking for you because Mary was meant to have shared custody with dad but she moved a lot so we continued trying until dad passed away and Laurence became everyone's honorary dad he continued he search for you but nothing ever came to the surface." I told her smiling.
"Anyway we should start getting ready the guests will be here soon." I said before leaving her to get dressed.
Lexi Barnes' Pov
I walked slowly over to my bathroom and took two anti sickness tablets and two pain killers ready to start my day.
After the tablets started working o jumped into my shower and washed myself clean from feeling so bad and the I slowly walked into my room and looked for something to wear.
I found the perfect dress so I put it on and moved on to doing my makeup.

When I get downstairs all the boys look absolutely shocked, by my sudden change in looks to be honest I don't really care as long as this was going to be over soon I still feel like shit

Two people walk through the door and turn to hug all the boys before they stop in front of me and the lady asks me to bend over the whispers in my ear that I am and always will be here favorite I smile and offer her my arm so she will come and sit down with me. The gentleman just follows us, from the way they act I have gathered they are Nonno and Nonna our Italian grandparents.
"Nice to meet you both." I said quietly so they could only hear me.
"You have grown up to be a lovely well mannered young lady, it's lovely to see you again."Nonno said smiling at me.
"How about we have a nice spa day one day when you have had enough of those smelly boys." Nonna said smiling and laughing.
"Well it will be soon then although I must say that they have been raised very well I guess we have papa and Laurence to thank for that." I said smiling over at my brothers who surprisingly hadn't been arguing over anything yet.
overall visits from our grandparents wasnt that bad i except I thought they would be judgmental  and less bad ass but I suppose with a mafia family nothing is ever normal.
Nonna and Nonno left after around ten pm and we all sat on the couch watching a movie that was when the medicine I took this afternoon wore off and I felt like I was on a ship so I pulled my legs up and leant my head on Liam's shoulder.
After five minutes he put his arm around me, he must have felt how badly I was shaking all of a sudden I felt very cold.
Apart of getting through an illness is letting it leave your system this is one of the most common symptoms for me.
"You ok Lexi" Liam asked me.
"Yup just when I am recovering I shake more it has always happened." I told him replacing my head on to his shoulder.
"I fucking hate being ill, but at least Nonna and Nonno liked me." I said turning my attention to the movie we were watching it's really good I think it's called parental guidance all the boys said it was good.
"I wish I could have had a childhood like that instead of being locked away and just studying twenty four seven, I graduated high school at twelve and then I finished university at like fifteen and the past few years I have been brushing up on my life skills. Like knowing a shit ton of languages, I am fluent in Italian, Spanish, French, BSL, ASL, German, Russian and Polish. And English wasn't my first language so I mess up on saltuario words. I wish I never had to live a life being controlled by a dispettoso woman she was fucking evil." I said the few words i couldn't remember in Italian for the boys.
I looked at my phone as it lit up the Avalon situation is getting better we are about three days from finding her so in three days I will be leaving to go to the uk and will be getting my girlfriend back and I will kill fucking Demetrius.
I can't wait to see Avalon again she was gorgeous when I last saw and after all this time I doubt anything has changed if it has her beauty will have intensified my love definitely has.
I remember the first time I saw most nights when I have dreams rather than the horrible nightmares. Me and Avalon met at the gym she was training and I fought she was absolutely amazing, she had grace I hadn't seen before that is one of the aspects I love about her so much.