Chapter fourteen ~ laurence

Laurence Barnes' Pov
I woke up in my room after I made the boys except Lucas all leave Lexi's room. Lucas said he was going to go to the gym today because he had not been in a while. He was long gone from Lexi's room when I got there I was wearing a blue track suit.

I was in Lexi's room with her just waiting for her to wake up when something green caught my eye

I laughed a little when I realised just what it was, I guess she thought to keep him. She started to stir and before I knew it Lexi had ran to the bathroom and was vomiting whatever she had eaten yesterday with Lucas. I walked over to her shower and turned it on.
"Lexi go shower please I will get you some clothes to sleep in we are going down so you can get some food afterwards." I said sternly. She did just that so I went to her wardrobe to get her an outfit for the day.

 She did just that so I went to her wardrobe to get her an outfit for the day

It was simple but warm enough she won't be cold.
"I am going to make you some tea and toast come down once you're dressed ok?" I shouted.
She hummed in response and with that I left her to do whatever she wants.
She came down with a fluff blanket and her Dino teddy in her hand.

She looked worse than before and she was shaking.
"Hey princess come sit on the sofa with me I have your tea and some toast how's that sound." I said pulling her close to me.
"Sounds ok!" She rasped out.
"We can take it slow. What movie should we watch?" I asked as she settled herself on the couch.
"Captain America please."she whispered.
"Of course." And with that I pressed play.
About twenty minutes in the movie I noticed Lexi not looking good she snuggled into me leaving her tea and toast.
"Feel bad, 'm cold." So I wrapped my arms around her and started trying to warm her up, she was really shaking from feeling so cold. She pulled her legs up in an effort to feel warmer it seemed nothing was working so she let out a huff and buried herself in to me. She was holding her Dino close. Not long afterwards she fell asleep seems like the anti sickness meds worked it is a tea that's meant to help with nausea and vomiting.
"This is breaking me, princess please don't do this to yourself again I am not sure how I would manage." I said hugging her close to me.
She slept for another hour before walking up slightly out of it.
She turned to me and said "Thank you for caring for me and not throwing me in the rubbish like ma'am did."
"Hey we would never do that, Mary was a bitch. Not everyone is like her." I sighed hugging her.
"I missed you Ren, ma'am wouldn't let me go to papa's funeral I tried a lot she beat the shit out of me saying her never loved me. I bit her because she was treating me like a fucking animal." She cried into my chest.
"Hey Lexi its okay, papa loved you he was crushed when Mary took you. You have us now and we are not going to let anything happen to you again. We will give Avalon hell when she is found she will get the older brother talk five times and then Levi will try and intimidate her, it just means we love you. When all of this is over and you feel better we are going to get you whatever you want. You have been here for a month or two months now and this is the most human you have seen." I reassured her.
"You don't think I am a waste of time and space?" She said confused.
"No, princess we love you." I sighed while hugging her tight. She was progressively looking worse as the day went on I got her to eat the two pieces of toast by lunch time, but she was looking very bad.
"Princess you feeling okay?" I asked.
"My ears hurt I think I could be getting an ear infection because I hadn't cleaned them for while until yesterday that happens."  She sighed.
"Princess you need to start taking care of yourself better." I told her shocked that she was being so open Jay was right she is only vulnerable when she is ill.
"It's hard to remember when you have had to do so much on a daily basis it's hard to focus on your own problems. I am not used to being my main priority so living here is hard for me and my mental health is getting better but there are days where I just feel like I am back there and I feel as if she is still here in the back of my mind telling me that I am a waste of time. I play guitar so much because it's a way to fidget without driving people crazy it keeps my mind occupied. I have a hyper fixation on dinosaurs since I was four, I have another fixation on music too and one on tattoos since I got my first tattoo. My friends find ways to keep me interested during my missions, and we all go on gang missions because there is no guarantee that I am not going to do something stupid and end up dead or captured." She said hugging me even tighter.
"Baby we love you too much to let you keep doing this to yourself so let's get to your room and you can get nice and warm we will watch another movie and you can sleep comfortably." I said picking her up carefully, she grunted which sounded like she was in pain.
"You ok princess?" I asked her.
"Mhm just a bit achy." She mumbled quietly.
We walked to her room together and I placed her on her bed before sitting next to her so she was comfortable and warm.
"I love you Ren." She said nuzzling into my neck.
"I love you too Lexi." I said giving her a kiss on her forehead.