Chapter 39: The only way

Start from the beginning

"No, she just wanted to get into your head. Just don't let her do it, please."

"Y/n she was right. I am indeed the God of Mischief. The God of tricks and lies and you very well knew that and even more about me when you came in the Tower."

"Loki..."

"And even though you knew all that you chose to trust me that day, and all the other days after that. You decided to give me a chance and get to know me. I just can't understand why."

Loki was looking at you with her gorgeous forest green eyes, expecting an answer from you. You soon returned his gaze with a loving look on your eyes and a sweet smile on your lips. You gently touched his cheek with your hand and got closer to him.

"In my life I learnt not to judge a book by it's cover or its reputation. I know it's not a nice feeling. I admit that when I first saw you I immediately thought of all those things but I never let them cloud my judgment. Loki I walked into your room by accident on my first day and you just ignored me. If you were all those things they said you were, you would've reacted a lot more differently."

"But all those things that she said..."

"These were just to get into your mind, to make you question yourself and me. I am sad to say it worked, I really thought you were smarter than that Mr. Laufeyson." 

Loki laughed and took your hands into his. You both looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds, as if everything in your world was just fine. These were probably the best seconds of the past few days. You had not a single care in the world, you were just standing in front of the man you loved and had nothing to disturb your peace.

Sadly, as they say, good things don't last for ever and a sudden knock on your bedroom door immediately ruined that perfect moment. You then let go of Loki and went to answer the door only to see Frigga standing behind it.

You let her in and she rushed inside with a worried look on her face. She kept looking at you up and down and then starred at Loki. In her hands she was holding a huge, old book with some weird curving on its cover.

"Mother what is it?" Loki finally asked.

"It's been too long. The potion I put on the tea will wear off soon and I have read every book on the palace and have found nothing! Y/n, how do you feel?"

"I am go-" A sudden headache stopped you and you immediately fell on you knees.

You felt as if someone was drilling a whole on the back of your head. you though couldn't scream or even move. Both Loki and Frigga immediately came next to you and tried to help you but the pain was unbearable, until out of nowhere it disappeared, as if it never happened. You lifted your head and looked at Loki and Frigga, who were equally as confused as you. They helped you get up and sat you on the bed as you all tried to figure out what had happened.

"It was like the worst headache of my life and it just...went away." You finally said.

"It's wearing off. Here drink this." Frigga suddenly made a whole cup of tea appear in her hand and gave it to you. You looked at her in shock and then immediately drunk the tea. It had a weird taste but you felt the potion working and actually calming you down.

"Time is up, isn't it?" You looked at Frigga with your eyes filled with tears. 

"No." Loki objected. "Mother there must be a solution, we can't let y/n die!"

"Loki, please calm down." Frigga said calmly. "We are indeed out of time but I think I do have a solution. You obviously can't keep drinking this potion for the rest of your life, she will eventually get more powerful and I haven't yet found a way to forever get her out of...you."