Chapter 1

Waking up was the most shitting activity to do.

If it was up to her, Rosie just wanted to sleep forever. As if there's nothing that wait for her here. But shit happens and she wouldn't dare to do what she really wanted to do. So with a heavy heart she force herself up and just get over with the day.

Roseanne brown or Rosie, as she liked to be called, always had a busiest schedule everyday, that included running a cafe, thinking about her sister and kicking ass. Being an owner of a cafe at 18 had always been hard. But now 4 years later, she had completely adapted with that and she couldn't be more proud of herself.

How could she not be proud of herself? She was so young when she started a business and luckily, that business was a big success. She felt proud that she could provide for her little sister, they now had their own money, place, and even car. And she was so fucking proud of herself that she could paid for her sister education and her every single nessecity. It was actually a gamble for her. But she wasn't so foreign with a risky choice and an episode of anxiety and overthinking that followed. Ever since they ran away from home, every fucking choice that available was a risky one. So Rosie was numb to it.

This was the stage where she was in a monotone lifestyle. Ever since her sister, Elle or Elizabeth had her 17 birthday, she moved out of her life and lived with her boyfriend. Of course, Rosie gave quite a fit for so many reasons. But overall it was her overprotectiveness. She cherished her sister so much even though she was only a step sister. But still, Rosie felt responsible for her sister. She was the only parents figure Elle had. And Elle was the only family she had. She didn't want her sister getting hurt. Rosie didn't believe men. For her, men were a shitty creature thanks to her father's image she had in her head.

But seeing Elle so happy, she didn't have the heart to take it. Elle had moved on, Rosie wasn't even sure if Elle still remembered her shitty father when she had her boyfriend to cheer her up. But Rosie just couldn't. She didn't know if she ever forgot her father and the things he'd done. She didn't think she could be moving on, but deep inside, she hope to move on and have a family one day.

That being said, she let her sister go, moreover, there's only so much she could have done and Elle obeyed from her. but they still very much see each other face to face everyday. If it wasn't offline, it's online. Elle was quite a talker so she had topics or gossip to tell to her sister, that way Rosie wouldn't feel so lonely.

"You know that Angela always hates me, I don't know why," Elle said from the phone. Rosie was on the way to the cafe when she called.

"So you didn't want to go to school?" She challenged her sister. Elle gave Rosie a fake gasp, "of course not, i will go to school and annoy the hell outta her. After all i'm strong like my sister, i could take her shit"

Rosie smiled at her sister's answer, she felt proud rushing in her, her sister always had a way with words, "that you do. Don't worry Ellie, you still had me. i could punch her in the face if she was being a bitch to you, it's no big deal"

"and going to jail for that? No thanks. I could handle her just fine. Moreover, this is my senior year. I only need to see that plastic face for a while and then I'm free! Have you made it to the cafe yet?" Elle huffed, the rush of energy finally left her body little by little, indeed talking to her sister was the best.

"I'm here. Talk to you later, and don't forget to tell your man for having a responsible sex, i-"

Elle blushed heavily and yelled to her sister, "STOP, I don't need to hear this from you! This is so embarrassing. BYE!" she's hanging up the phone, leaving a dumbfounded Rosie. What's so wrong about telling them to be responsible?.

Rosie opened up the cafe herself, the staff would come in 30 minutes. She used her time to do cleanings and prepare dough for pizza and cake. It was unusual to have pizza as one of the menu items, but Rosie started her business by selling pizza so she always believed that pizza was her four leaf clover.

After exactly 30 minutes, someone came from the back door, "morning little boss! Nice morning eh!" It was one of her staff. He was a buff guy with a dazzling smile, if it wasn't for the smile, he would look scary. And not to mention, he was a damn great baker. That's why she hired him. And now he was her assistant.

Rosie gave a small smile and washed her hands from flour, "good morning Jeff, you're in a good mood i see, help me move the sack, yeah? i need an extra hand" she pointed at the flour sack behind Jeff, that made him turn around.

"They came, finally! Always late that guy. Didn't he understand how important this is? I hope i see him next time he comes, i will give him a piece of my mind then" he said. Rosie chuckled, I hope I was here to see that, she thought.

"whatcha make little boss?" Jeff already finished taking the sack to the storage, and he was surprisingly fast. Having a big body indeed had its own perks.

"pizza. That one is brownies'' she pointed to the mixer on her left. Jeff nodded, "should i make cheesecake?" he asked.

"yeah, and while you're at it please look at the cheese stock before i forgot"

"you got it little boss"

A couple of minutes later the other three had come to the cafe. There's James, Henry and July.

"Morning Jeff! Good morning little boss! You look delicious as usual" said James, quite a flirt as usual. But Rosie didn't care, Jeff always got her back.

"If you have time to seduce people, that means you have a lot of time helping me right? Come with me, the bathroom needs a little scratch" Jeff said with a smirk, he pulled James by the collar where James frantically tried to run.

"serve you right! I have finished cleaning, is the cake ready?" July asked. Rosie was nodding and pointed at the oven, "they're in the oven still, and ready in a couple of minutes, i'll call you later"

"okay i'll be helping Henry with the coffee, then"

So finally, there's five of them including Rosie. The three boys were older than here, that range from 23 to 26. Meanwhile July is the same age as her. They were her good friends. Only friends. She didn't make any friends at school because she was always busy earning money for life. But now she kinda regrets it, there's not many people that she could talk to, but then again, shit happens in the time we hate the most.