Chapter 10

Talking with Gabriel wasn't as hard as Rosie thought it might be. The guy looked a bit scary, or more intimidating physically. but if he started talking, he wasn't actually that bad. He joked sometimes too, though he was not as playful as Matisse.

After Gabriel went home or maybe went back to his office, Rosie also went back to what she was doing. It wasn't long until she heard a hustle outside. Rosie thought she heard it wrong, but then her office door opened up with a bang that made her startled.

"Bunny! I brought food!," Konstantin entered her office with a grin on his face and a small bundle of something in his hand.

"Kon, please be careful. you could tear down the whole building," Rosie shook her head with a playful smile. In which Kon returned.

"i bring food, bunny! have you eat?," he flopped down to the sofa and put out the food he brought.
Rosie went to sit in front of him, "i have, but it all looks yummy, can i try it?"

"Well don't just try them, eat them all. i cook this all for you," he grinned and gave Rosie a spoon.

"You never told me you can cook. i could have given you the chef's position here," She joked while taking a spoon full of rice and  meat from the lunch box Konstantin brought. Rosie was shocked when she tasted the food Konstantin made.

it was too salty.

Rosie's eyes twitch trying to contain her expression so it didn't falter. She kept a smile and hums, "It sure taste unique,"  she said as she took yet another spoonful of meat and ate it without fail. Rosie didn't want to disappoint Kon as he put so much effort into cooking for her. So even if the food tasted like shit, Rosie probably would still eat them. I mean could you not? Looking at that handsome puppy-like face made you surrender to all kinds of misery. 

At least not all of them were salty. There was this dish Kon called them pirozhki. It tastes heavenly so Rosie sat there and thought to herself how could Kon mess up one dish and ace the other? but then maybe he was just better at making pirozhki. It happened sometimes to beginners in cooking.

After containing all kinds of misery while eating Kon's handmade meal, it finally came to an end, "If i gain weight it was all your fault." Rosie glared at Kon jokingly which he laughed in return.

"If you gain weight then that would be a present for my hard work cooking all these meals. That's why you need to let me cook for you everyday! you don't need to bother yourself with cooking, i'll do them for you," He said looking proud.

"Thank you Kon, but that would..."

"Not be a burden to me, as I like taking care... I mean, I like doing this. Next time we can eat together. I'll cook more," he grinned.

"But you can't be here everyday. What about your job?," Rosie only knew that Gabriel was working in some company, Matisse might be a doctor since he knew a lot of doctory stuff, but the other's job? she had no idea. Leonidas was kind of the busier one compared to Julian and Kon which she saw more on daily basis. Julian was a police officer before but what did he do now?.

Kon scratched the back of his neck, looking conflict. He was bad at coming up with a lie, as he wasn't really good with words, "I'm a..freelance? yeah so i can do my work everywhere. As long as the job's done i would be fine,"

Rosie nodded, "Well, I can't force you to stop doing things, but I'll have to contribute somehow. Desserts on me, yeah? You can pick anything you want in the store." 

"Sure if you said so."

Kon ended up choosing camomile tea for himself as he said he didn't really like sweets  and was quite thirsty. He said he'd chosen alcohol a mile away but Rosie scolded him saying he drove his car there so he needed to watch himself. 

"I like it when you scold me, it feels like a breath of fresh air," he gave her a toothy grin.

Rosie shook her head and smile, "you're the only person in the world who likes to get scolded. And how is it a breath of fresh air? i'm quite sure everyone likes to scold you," That was because Kon was the playful one in the group of that 5 fine male. Pretty sure he wasn't the youngest, but he just liked to have too much fun. And getting scolded for that.

"I can't explain it. i'm bad with words, the best i could say is it feels different from others scolding," he shrugged, "I like it," he nodded, agreeing to his own statement, "You got plan tomorrow?," he added.

"Yeah," she had a grin on her face while sipping on her smoothies, " i'm not going to work tomorrow,"

Kon raise his eyebrow, looking confused, "why not?,"

"Eh, I'm going to see my sister. It's her birthday tomorrow and she ask if we can go camping, well i could never say no,"

Kon raised his eyebrow and smiled "Say, is it okay if people join your party?,"