XLIV. Typical Teenage Hang Out

Depuis le début

They kicked their legs, "Love you too, Dad," they said.

Mr.Nocella and I shook our heads as we closed both doors. Once I got in the driver's seat, we headed off to the arcade.

Inside the arcade, I can tell the parents are going crazy. The music was so loud; I had to yell at the boys who were a foot away from me. Before I allow them to scatter around, I set down the rules.

Once the rules were set, I gave each of them a cup of coins. Then, they rushed towards the arcade with their cup of happiness.

Meanwhile, I scouted for a table where I can check their every move. There were two exits. One where I came from, and the other is an emergency exit with a security guard.

The bass thumped into my eardrum as I ordered some food and drinks. They'll get hungry later.

Over the roar of music, hazy chatter could be heard. I couldn't make out any words, but laughter rang in my ears. My eyes scattered around, and I noticed a group of students from my school.

It wasn't a surprise they'll be here.

It's a typical teenage hang out.

Miles played in the basketball section while Zach leaped into the ball pit with all the other children.

The song only got louder.

"Ava?" Someone called for me.

I looked over to see Ellerey.

I smiled, "Hey. What are you doing here?"

Ellerey slipped into the seat across from me. I could still see the boys behind him. I'm not going to mess up and lose a boy. A lost boy means no pay.

Also, pretty doubtful I can ask for half a payment.

"My little cousins." He pointed at the two pre-teen boys. "You?"

"Babysitting." I gestured at the two small boys. "Zoey here?"

Ellerey scoffed, "She rather set her foot on fire than to come here."

"I'll keep that in mind for next time."

Ellerey leaned back, an arm around the chair. I assumed he would stay here since he seems like he doesn't have anywhere else to go.

"Hey. Can I ask you a question?" I said.

"Go for it."

"What's up with you and Zoe? I mean, why don't you two talk at school?" I don't actually care. Curious at the most, but that's it. Right now, I'm making pointless conversation to fill the awkward silence.

Ellerey shrugged, "Don't know. It's always been like that. I guess you know; sometimes you don't want to hang out with your relatives or something."

I fake pout, "You're sad she doesn't want to hang out with you?"

Ellerey rolled his eyes, "Please. Save the fake pity. I'm fine with not talking to that over the top cheerleader."

I raised a brow.

"Oops." He rested his arms against the table. "I'm saying that in the least offensive way possible."

The waiter brought my drink. "Thank you," I said. Her eyes went towards Ellerey before she smiled and walked away. I smirk, "Seems like someone has an admirer."

Ellerey looked behind him, and the girl looked back. She smiled then looked away. "She's not my type."

"You never know." I sipped on the straw.

"Speaking from experience?"

"I stand by my statement," I said. "If you're not seeing anybody. You should get her number."