XXXVIII. Luckless Lyah

Start from the beginning

"We also have another problem," Ben said. We all look at him. With a shaky finger, he points it towards the door behind me.

I turn around to see another girl. She tucks her short wavy hair behind her ear. "Trevon!" Irish accent? She smiles, and two vampire-like teeth made its appearance, somehow making her look more childish.

"So, her name is Lea," Ben said.

"Let me guess. She's also in Trevon's biology class," I responded.

Ben smiles and nods, "I thought we were all talking about her, so I told her Trevon thinks she's cute and would like to take her out sometime."

"Why would we talk about her?" Winnie question. "I mean, look at her hair. The strands are pointing in weird directions. She clearly doesn't take care of herself."

I cannot believe out of all things to nitpick on; she has to find the smallest thing.

"Well, I thought Trev would like her brea-" Ben stops talking when Winnie glared at him. "Her b-b-brain. I heard she's brilliant."

"And you-" Winnie turns towards Mary, "Why Liah?"

"What do you mean? She's very nice," Mary responds. "And a good height for Trevon, so he doesn't have neck pain."

"Have you seen her tiny bitties and flat booty? How is Trevon supposed to feel better with that?"

"Well, at least my girl doesn't have tiny ears!" Mary rebuttal.

Winnie gasps, "How dare you talk about Lyah like that? She can't help it! She inherited that from her father!"

"And you think Liah can control her body?"

"Uh. Yah?" Winnie said it as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

I clapped my hands to break them apart. "Enough!" Everyone stops talking. I march towards the three girls and Trevon, who looks like he's about to pee his pants. "Look. There seems to be a misunderstanding. My stupid friends thought they were talking about one person from Trevon's class, and it turns out to be three. I'm pretty sure you all know each other - Liah, Liya, and Lea. Just by hearing your names, I'm sure you understood why they misunderstood."

They all looked at each other and somehow came into a mutual acceptance of my explanation.

"Well, I still want to date," Lyah said. I can see why Winnie picks her. Bold. She turns towards Trevon, "So, are you going to pick me up on Saturday?"

"But, we were supposed to go comic con on Friday," Liah said.

Lea looks at both girls, then Trevon, and steadily, she backs away. She's out.

"Sorry," Ben whispered.

She stops, "It's okay. I mean, Friday night will be lonely, but I'll make do."

A guy stops, and everyone in front of him stops too. He waves his group of friends away, and they leave him behind, "You're free Friday?"

"Yeah. I guess."

"Wanna catch a movie and dinner?"

She took a few blinks, "Sure!"

He made his arm into a triangle and escorted her elsewhere. "I like your accent. Irish?"

Lea giggles, "Yeah!"

Knew it.

"Why don't Trevon just take you both out?" That was Eli's suggestion. "You know, a one time date kind of thing to get to know each other."

"What?" Lyah question. "Him? Date both of us?"

"Sure," Liah responds. "I have no problem with that. I mean, it's just dating."