Then, the explanation arrives. Mr.Kenzie explains why their moving and hope that everyone understands. But, with each word dragged out his mouth, the faces around us only got paler.

"But-" Trevon's body slumps further and further with each other. "But-"

Mina hold his hand, "Trevon."

He stood up, "I need a little air before I- yeah." He walks toward the front of the restaurant.

Mina stood up, "Trev."

"Wait," Eli said before she can move. He grab Trevon's jacket and threw it at her.

"Thanks," she said before rushing toward the front.

"Hugo," Mr.Carillo said. "I know things has been difficult, but you can't just pack up and move. You move here to start new remember?"

Eli place his coat on my thighs, before he switches our cup of hot chocolate. My cup was empty. His was still full.

"Dario. Whitney. I want to thank you two for helping me and Mina, but-"

"No buts," Mrs.Carrillo burst out. "You really want that bitch to control everything you do?"

The discussion went from a calm one and grew into a tornado. The worker fade back and the restaurant was deprived of customers. One spit sentence after another, and soon, I got bored.

"Whitney," Mr.Carrillo said.

"No!" She stood up, "You've been like this since high school. You always let one bitch after another push you around. I told you she wasn't good for you. I told you not to marry her!"

"Well, what am I supposed to do?" Hugo shouted.

I flinch slightly at his aggressiveness. Eli held my hand and scoot us further away. Not too far where its suspicious, but close enough for us to hear.

"She was pregnant with Mina."

"You don't even know if Mina is your kid."

Eli and I gasps. It came involuntarily.

"What?" Mina happen to have great timing. Everyone looks at her. "Aunt Whitney, what did you say?" When no one respond, Mina took a step closer. "Dad. What did Aunt Whitney mean by-" she stops talking.

And without another word, Mina turn around and rush out the door.

"Mina!" Trevon shouted.

Mr.Kenzie looks at Whitney.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean-"

Then, he also walk out the restaurant.

Well, dinner turns out well.

After Mr.Carrillo paid, he left with Mrs.Carrillo in a fitted argument of who to blame.

Then, it was Eli and me.

"What do we do?" Eli question. "Our ride left."

I set the white cup down, "Oh. Yeah." That thought didn't cross my mind. I look at my wristwatch - 1am.

Eli stood up and grabbed his coat, "Ever rode a bus?"

My face scrunches, "What?"

"Well, its 1 am. You think anyone is awake at this time?"

"Yes," I replied. I can name more then a handful of people who is still awake.

"They won't pick up."

I grab my phone, "They-"

He swipe it from my hand, "I will take you home."

I exhale softly before crossing my leg, "By the time we get home, it'll be 2am. The bus stop at that time. Who is going to take you home?"