P A R T T H R E E

Start from the beginning

**

"Okay, are you ready, Ashland?" Tori, my fiddle player asked me. I nodded my head and the backdrop then dropped. I quickly put in my in-ear monitors and looked at the crowd. It was a sold out show.

"Grand Rapids! How are we doin' tonight?! I'm opening up for two great guys: Jon Langston and Hardy! My name is Ashland Craft, and I'm goin' to be performing for you perfect souls! This is my song, it's called Your Place Or Mine! I hope y'all love this one as much as I loved writing and singing it," I exclaimed into my custom-made microphone.

The band started the melody to my song and as I was starting to sing, I saw Jon standing side stage and for whatever odd reason, it made me feel like I was walking on air, while I was on stage. It made me feel kind of awkward in a way. Did he really think me and my performance was well enough to watch?

{{also down there where she sings the pre-chorus, there's more to the song, i just skipped through some of the first verse, lol!}}

"Hey, Mister Lonely across the room, I've got an empty seat and I saved it just for you.." I sang along with the song and stared at the side stage where Jon was standing it and I could just feel the butterflies in my stomach.

That is so weird, I haven't felt butterflies in a long, long time. Hell, I don't even think I felt butterflies when I first fell in love with Hardy, which I find a bit weird, but I guess I shouldn't think too much into it. That and I can't fall in love with my best friend, we've both got too much baggage and damage from both of our past relationships..

"I'll save you the trouble, I've got my drinks, we can skip the getting to know me thing. I'm a little tipsy, boy, you're looking pretty, I'm leaving in a minute and you're going with me.." I sang the pre-chorus, my eyes locked onto Jon's.

I finished singing that song and I noticed Jon wasn't on the side stage anymore. I hope I didn't run him off with all the eye contact or anything like that.

"Hold on, y'all! I'll be right back," I informed the crowd, running backstage and I bumped into another guy, yet again. But it wasn't Jon nor his tour manager, it was Hardy. Fuck..

"Ash, hey. It's been a while. Have you been ignoring me?" He asked, his voice was cold.

"Look, Michael, I don't want to talk right now. Do you know where Jon's at? I need to talk to him, and it's important! Please, Michael, can you just.. Pretty please tell me where he is?" I asked urgently.

"Ugh, whatever, dude. He's in his dressing room. Ash, we really need to talk this shit out though," Hardy said to me.

I sighed and shook my head, "What in the hell am I supposed to say? You're sitting here talkin' to some other bitch and I'm sitting here obviously supposed to be okay with that?! I don't want to talk.. Just leave me be."

Tears soaked in my eyes and cheeks, I ran straight to the door that had Jon's name on it and he jumped up when he saw me rush into there.

Jon gasped and laughed softly, "Holy shit! You scared the piss out of me. You only played one song. You have a forty five minute set. What happened to that?" He asked, his eyebrow raised at me.

"Jon, I'm so sorry if that was awkward. Ya know with the whole me singing Your Place Or Mine and lookin' at you the whole entire time.. I couldn't help but look at you all the while I was doing so. It's true though, you are pretty," I said with a giggle at my last thing I had said.