Chapter 4

"Hello again my vros!!" I said, sitting in my computer chair. "Excuse my messy look. We were painting the baby's room today."

I looked at my hands covered in a light sage green paint.

"It's going to be amazing. We picked this nice light sage, as you can see by the paint samples on my hands and in my hair. Then I'm painting the lyrics and sheet music to a lullaby on the walls. Sarah is obsessed with getting the nursery done. I mean, she's not due for another five weeks, but she insists everything has to be ready. The crib was delivered today. I have to put that together once the paint dries.

Baby has been having musical lessons through the eras. I've played music from the 20s and 30s, jazz, rock, pop, a lot of Fall Out Boy and Twentyone pilots because Josh and Pete have been around and insisting," I laughed.

"Tonight we'll go through some of Weezer's discography. This kid needs to know music. Gotta get him. Or her. Ready to take over the dynasty."

I hung out with the fans online for a while answering questions and showing them some of the ultrasound pictures. I showed them a picture of Sarah in her maternity bathing suit.

"She thinks she looks like a whale. I say she's a very cute whale in that case."

The fans agreed she looks adorable.

"She's feeling really great. Her energy is amazing. I can't keep up with her some days!  She's constantly cleaning, planning, organizing the nursery, looking up information. She's a whirlwind!"

"Uh oh, Beebo," one of the fans posted. "Sounds like nesting... baby might be here earlier than you're expecting!

"Nah. Her doctor thinks she'll be more likely to go a little late than early. But is that what all the cooking and cleaning and organizing and child proofing is about?"

Sarah walked in just then.

"You're out here again?" She asked.

"Just saying hi to the vros," I said.

"Hey guys!" Sarah said, bending down and looking at the camera.

The vros went mental saying hello.

She stood up and I kissed her belly.

"Since you're in here, let's give the peanut a little concert," I said, getting up and grabbing one of my guitars.

"You're impossible," Sarah laughed. I sat her down in my chair and pulled up my stool. I strummed my guitar before deciding on a song. I started playing 'Africa' by Toto. Sarah laughed.

"At least it's not some inappropriate song," she said.

I switched over to 'The Ballad of Mona Lisa'

"I stand corrected," Sarah smiled.

"Okay my vros. I suspect the lady and the peanut have come out here to tell me it's time for me to get back to work."

I signed off and pulled my computer chair closer to me and kissed my wife.

"You are so sexy," I said to her.

"Ugh. Please. I'm bigger than a house,"

"Sure, but you're a sexy house,"

"Oh, very nice. Make the huge pregnant woman feel that much better," she swatted me.

We went back into the house and I went back up to the baby's room and started on the second coat of paint.  I could hear Sarah in the kitchen.

I turned on some music and continued painting the room. I'd do the music and lyrics in a day or so when the paint was fully dry.

A couple of hours later, the room had its second coat and I went downstairs and washed up. Sarah handed me a sandwich and a beer.

"Go sit and eat, my amazing husband who spent the day painting a baby's room."

"Come sit with me, my sexy pregnant wife who is carrying that baby to go in that room,"

"I can't. I have so much to do. Do you think you can put the crib together tonight?  You only have the music to put up, right?  You can put the crib together and leave it on the other side of the room,"

"Why the hurry?  We have, like, five weeks,"

"Bren, this baby could come whenever he or she decides. Please?"

"With pleasure my love," I said kissing her.

We sat on the sofa watching Netflix while I ate my sandwich and drank my beer. Sarah lay down and put her feet in my lap when I put my plate down and I absentmindedly massaged her feet. I heard a soft noise and looked over to see she has dozed off and was snoring ever so slightly.

I took out my phone and took a picture that I posted on Instagram. 

"You'd think she was the one painting a bedroom all day! 🤣🤣" I captioned the photo. "She's sexy even when she's asleep."

Since she was asleep I gently moved her feet and went upstairs to shower and get as much paint off of myself as possible. As soon as I was done that, I put together the crib, which wound up not being as difficult as I'd expected.

"You did it!" Sarah said, coming upstairs. "You put the crib together!  I love that you did it! Thank you for putting up with my crazy."

"Of course. You put up with mine," I grinned.

"How weird is it that there's going to be a whole new human in here in a few weeks?" She asked.

"How weird that that new human is our new human?"

"Are you ready for this?" Sarah asked, leaning into me.

"Always up for the next great adventure," I grinned at her and gave her a kiss.

She looked around the room and smiled. The room overlooked the pool, and was close to our room. We'd have a baby monitor, of course, but the baby would be close to us anyway.

"Don't forget," Sarah said. "Kala and Nicole are throwing us a baby shower on the tenth."

"Of?" I asked.

"June, silly!"

"Well, it could have been July! What do I know?"

"You know how to keep your hormonal wife happy, and that's what's important," she said.