Chapter 1

"Hello my Vros!!" I said, as I started my Twitch stream. "I know it's been a while and trust me, this is worth the wait. I have some BIG news for you!"

The fans that subscribe to my Twitch feed start asking questions.

"New album?!"

""New tour?!"

"New wife?!"

That last one made me laugh.

"No, no. None of the above. Well, I'm working on an album, and I'm not touring just yet. And definitely have not traded Sarah for a new wife. No, she's here to stay.

Just thought I'd let y'all know...

Sarah's pregnant!"

The congratulations from the fans, who I call 'vros' after my tour photographer, Jake, made a typo in a chat once, came fast and furious.

"I'm glad you all are so happy. I know we said we weren't planning on having kids, but well, things happen. And we're over the moon. We can't wait. But, of course, these things take time.

We don't know if we're having a boy or a girl and we don't plan to find out. Nope. No gender reveal parties for us. We'll find out the day they're born. Gotta keep some surprises in life, right?"

They started asking when the baby is due, if we'd thought of any names and so on.

"The baby is due in June, early July, and we have some names in mind. Boy and girl and unisex names. Sarah's just starting to get a little belly and she says she feels like there are butterflies in her stomach. It's so cute. She's so cute.

She did have some morning sickness early on, but got over that pretty quickly. Which is good because her morning sickness was sometimes afternoon sickness or middle of the night sickness, so she's feeling much better now and gaining weight the way she should be. Her doctor is very happy with how they're both progressing."

I stayed on for a little while longer and answered a few more questions, played some Fortnite and just hung out for a while.

When I was done, I logged off and went back into the house. Sarah was sitting in the kitchen drinking a smoothie and reading a magazine while Bogart sat hopefully at her feet and Penny Lane rolled around in the living room.

I went over to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"How are my beautiful wife and beautiful child doing today?" I asked.

"Hello papa," she smiled at me. "We are doing just fine. Enjoying a strawberry banana kale smoothie and reading about ... I don't know. I wasn't actually reading anything. Just flipping through. I can't concentrate on anything. Baby brain is totally a thing."

"I will take your word for it. Want to take the dogs for a walk?"

She agreed and we leashed up the dogs and headed outside. It was a beautiful day for March in Southern California. We walked along our street with the dogs, letting them sniff and do their business.

"Won't it be fun to do this with a stroller?" Sarah said. "You, me, the dogs and the baby."

"There are so many things I can't wait to do with the little peanut," I said.

She smiled and leaned into me, wrapping her arm around my waist. I wrapped mine around her shoulders.

Life was perfect. And it was about to get even better.