A family of ten

----------------
"It's hard for me to say,
I'm jealous of the way,
Your happy without me."
-Labrinth
----------------
"Mm Thomas" You snuggle up next to him, sunlight shinning in from the window.

"Yes love" he's already awake, arms around you.

"Do you remember when we were twenty, when we didn't have kids" you sigh turning over to face the window. The silk curtains dance in the cool breeze coming from the open window. The big wooden house feeling more open and clean. You very happy you moved to the more reserved parts of Cali. It's beautiful here, the bush, the breeze, the people. You can hear Cameron and Layla running round the house. They always do that. Your thoughts are interrupted by Thomas nudging you,

"Huh?" He smiles

"Oh what, sorry I was thinking."

"I said, we haven't seen Dylan Will and Ki in yonks" he smiles closing his eyes.

"No, no we haven't" you smile to yourself.

-------------------

You have your phone in your hand. Should you make the call? Are you totally sure that your fully organised? Yes. It's fine. Come on Lara you can do it.

First ring,

Second,

"Oh well would you look at that, it's my best friend who never calls me anymore because she lives 4 freaking hours away with her stupid husband who happens to be my stupid friend." You can see his frown of disappointment..

"Hi Dylan, best friend whom I still love" you smile,

"When am I going to see you?" He asks

"Well that's what I was going to ask, I've organised a huge weekend where you all maybe come up? By all I mean Toms sister, my brother and his girlfriend, you, Will, and Ki? Sound good?" You reply, crossing your fingers.

"Sounds good, would we be staying at yours?" Dylan asks

"Well that's the thing, we could stay at mine or go to a snow lodge an hour away from us, a huge big family lodge" You smile, thinking of all the times you've been up at the snow.

"Why don't we mix it up, stay at your house for two nights then go stay at the ski lodge?" He mutters

"That's a really good idea actually, one sec I'll ask tommy" You pull the phone down from your ear but you can still hear Dylan.

"You have to ask your silly husband for permission, tell him Dylan says so. Also tell him I miss him and his silly accent." He whispers to himself.

You poke your head out the threshold to were Thomas and the kids are eating breakfast. They look so happy. You suggest this to Thomas and he just nods smiling.

"Ah yeah we'll do it" You say

"YES!!" Dylan shrieks,

"I'll see you this weekend Dyl" You smile and hang up. Your finally seeing your beautiful best friend again.

-----------------

Your in bed next to your beautiful husband. Your children are in bed and the sunset is creating a gorgeous colour rippling through the oceanic sky. God you love California and also daylight savings. You turn to tommy.

"Do you miss the maze runner?" You ask hugging him,

"A lot actually" he pouts. Then kisses your forehead

"What do you miss about it?" You close your eyes

"I miss the boys, I miss the whole cast, I miss the job. I could go on about the actual movie all day but what I really did miss was chasing you around town. Getting to know you, loving you" he smiles and closes his eyes also. You don't say anything and neither does he, you just hug him closer and ponder about him and you.

------------------

A/n:

Hello lovelies, next chapter will be the whole ski lodge/house family thing.. Yeah.

-Lily