Teeth are strange

Teeth. A bit strange they are. A piece of nail that appears through tissue in the mouth just for the simple function of eating. Then again, its function is to just be a tool for the body in the end. For us, teeth are used primarily to help chew things, yet they are used for other means. For some, teeth are used as a form of beauty to place things in the mouth to show off a certain attraction, but for others, although they have hands, would use them to bite and scratch places that might be itchy. Like animals, they behave instinctively, biting and scratching.

It's interesting that in life, a lot of animals have teeth to devour other living things. Compared to various plants that can make its own food, animals are designed to consume each other. Knowing this, it's strange that we use teeth as a way to attract people. Just smile the pearly whites and someone smiles back. What if there is a reason for that? What if the smile does not evoke happiness but fear? When other animals show their teeth, they are showing dominance or fear, quite the opposite to humans.

Maybe humans should be afraid to see teeth. Maybe seeing another smile should be frightening. Someone saying "Hi neighbor" with a smile could be "I'll hunt you" in the animal kingdom. Things change though when we look at movies and shows. Within certain forms of media, seeing a smile that's wider than normal can be considered creepy. So why is the smile on the whole not considered scary? Just another human thing supposedly.

Teeth. Their strange.