Chapter 4

“Well, I like broccoli when I was a kid I hated it so much. I used to puck just by looking at it. But now I can’t go day a without broccoli. It’s nutritious and healthy. Do you like it?” His bright cheerier voice became slightly annoying for her.

“Not a big fan.” Elisha sighed swirling the half empty wine glass.

“That’s okay. You’ll love it later. Let’s teach our kids to eat all nutritious food. Growing healthy is very important. I spend 2 hours in morning and one hour in evening every day at gym. Staying fit is utmost important. My fitness consult is Trioy Alpheus, he is the one of the top 5 nutritionist. His girlfriend is a famous yoga instructor. You’re not fat, but you have little bit of cheek fat. I love your figure though, the proportion is perfect everywhere.” He continued in his cheerier attitude. Elisha tried her best not smash his head on the table. If only he was not sent by her mother, things would have got bloodier.

If she ever had to date him even for a day, he will be floating dead in a nearby river.

“Time’s up. I have a meeting, so I’ll take my leave first.” Elisha stood up not waiting for his answer.

“Okay, we’ll meet again later. Let me walk you out.” He stood up like a gentleman. 

“No thanks.” Eli’s cold voice stopped him. It was a clear sign saying they’ll not be meeting anymore. He nodded in disappointment.

Elisha was glad he took the hint unlike other guys she had a date with.

Getting into her car Elisha sighed loudly. 

‘Was he 18th or 19th guy?’

She had forgotten the count after going on so many dates for last three months. She should have never fallen to Rona’s scheme. Well anyway the agreed time period is about to end and she’ll be free later. Thinking so she made her way to home.

“How was it? Do you like him? Was he good? Should I start preparing for an engagement?” Rona bombarded her with question as soon as Elisha opened the door.

“Well, he was good looking. He loves being fit. He said I have cheek fat and would suggest me to a yoga instructor.” Elisha updated like a robot as usual. She was exhausted.

“How dare he say you have cheek fat!? I’m already worried you’re too skinny and he has the balls to suggest you an instructor!” Rona was furious. Rona hate it when others criticize her kids.

‘At least he’s out of the list.’ Eli felt relieved. 

“No issues. Mother got it covered. Georgia’s friend’s son is a cardiologist, he’s well mannered and good looking. Meet him on Friday. I’m sure he’s the one for you.” Rona smiled brightly contradicting her previous expression in seconds.

“Mom stop it already. I’m sick of the all dates.” Elisha groaned.

“Young lady, have you forgotten our deal already? I still have 2 weeks left until then. And you have to attend every single date I tell you.” Rona declared it as final decision. 

“Dad, Kyle, please help me.” Elisha turned towards her life saviors hoping to get a lifeline.

“You guys have anything to say?” Rona asked the father son duo with a sweet smile.

“No.” 

“Nope.”

Victor and Kyle avoided Elisha’s gaze. They both knew not to intervene between the two to keep their good health.

“And you, my dear daughter, what do you mean by help? For god’s sake you’ll be 24 in few months. Yet you don’t have a boyfriend. Heck, not even a single relationship. All your friends are either married and have kids or are in a relationship. And what do you do all day? Wake up, eat and work till midnight and sleep.” Rona lashed out leaving Elisha speechless, she really didn’t have anything to argue with.