Chapter 3

“Honey, what’s wrong? Are you still feeling sick?”

Elisha couldn’t take her eyes off on the lady in her late thirties. A slightly cold but warm hand touched her forehead measuring body temperature.

“Good. Your temperature hasn’t increased.” The lady sighed in relief.

“Dear, why are you looking at me like that?” Still feeling the piercing gaze from her 14 year old daughter, Rona couldn’t help but ask.

Elisha didn’t reply as tears streamed down her faces. Panicked Rona immediately wiped her tears.

“Eli, what’s the matter? Why are you crying? Are you hurting anywhere? Should I call the doctor? No, wait I’ll call your dad.” Rona panicked as her daughter’s behavior was strange and alarming. She’s been like this ever since she recovered from fever last week.

Elisha hugged Rona and cried her hearts out.

‘I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I missed you.’

Elisha cried until her eyes were swollen. All the pain she carried finally burst out in form of tears.

After crying for a long time in her mother’s embrace, she calmed down. It was hard to believe for someone isolated and caged in a bloody ruthless mansion. No way her family is alive, all were dead in that psycho’s hand because of her.

Being here for nearly a week she finally came to conclusion, she’s back in time. Back to 13 years. But why? She didn't have the answer.

“Now, tell us what’s wrong? What happened? Did anyone bully you in school or anywhere? Tell mom, I’ll take care of everything.” Rona's jaws clenched, with every question her eyes grew sharp.

Elisha gulped, this side of Rona was scary. Victor shook his head at Rona and sighed. His wife can become abnormally scary sometimes.

“Eli, we won’t press you to tell us. But remember we are family and family stand together to fight anything, okay?” Victor asked in soft voice earning a nod from Elisha.

“I…I had a nightmare.” Knowing her parents she decided to make up a story and put their heart at ease.

“You, mom and Kyle died saving me, I was alone, I was chased.…” Tears welled up in Eli’s eyes and couldn’t continue. It wasn’t made up but the truth, but not in detail.

“Ahh…this girl, what are you? 10? Still believing in nightmare and behaved strangely and cried every night just because we died!? Listen up young lady, we, Crosswood’s won’t die easily, at least I won’t die, not until I send my great grandkids to college.” Rona slammed the table hard.

Elisha flinched but a smile appeared on her face. Yes, this is the mom she knew and loved. Dramatic and fearless. Victor sighed again but still agreed to his wife silently.

----

“Kyle!” Elisha ran and hugged her brother, who was seventeen.

“Li, slow down. Just now you have recovered.” Kyle frowned but still pated his little sister's head.

“How are you now? Feeling better?” Kyle inquired. Elisha nodded. She wanted cry until her eyes got swollen again but didn’t wanted to worry her family anymore. Just like Rona said, it was her past and now only a nightmare, all that matters now is present.

"Yup. And i have something to ask." Elisha hesitated.

With a nod from Kyle, Elisha took deep breath and placed her request.

“Kyle, please! Mom won’t listen to me, so please convince her.” Elisha begged with puppy eyes.

“She would never agree to send you to Pelorem. Why would you even bother to go there? Although Pelorem is highly advanced and emerging place, it’s still too far and there’s a lot of things going on there. Even I wouldn’t agree to send you there all by yourself.” Kyle refused plainly.

“But just think how wonderful it will be if I can get into Liage Academy. You know how obsessed I’m with painting. Kraighley is the art lecturer there! I want to watch his work closely, so please, please, please talk with mom. Anyways I’m not going right now, am I? Admission opens in falls, so I still have five months.” Elisha tried her best to convince him. God given second chance she would do everything to live a life she wants and protect her family from the chaotic future.

Her going to Pelorem will change lot of future events. She won’t be meeting a so called best friend Adin, or won’t be meeting ‘those’ people, where all her hell began. It’s not only to change future events but also for her to grow strong and even if she cross roads with them later she wants to be in a situation where she would win and will able to protect her family. 

Kyle sighed looking at Elisha’s determined look. There was nothing to stop her.

-----

Don't forget to

Vote.

Comment.

Share.