CHAPTER 10 ↠ bonnie vs. goliath

Start from the beginning

"That's the point," Bea says with a smile. "You didn't even look at me back in the locker room."

"You were there?" he asks confused.

Bea smiles widely and then turns to see Bonnie go in the ring.

Tommy didn't join them in the beginning, only coming when the fight had started already. The Peaky women, Ada, Polly, Lizzie and Linda, were on the other side of the ring.

Bonnie was giving hits, but he was receiving as well, so it was hard at time for Bea to watch it, but everyone else was cheering.

When they called time, Aberama stepped on the edge of the ring, holding on to the ropes.

"Bonnie! Bonnie!" he says as Bonnie sits down on the corner. "You're okay, son?" he asks in Gypsy. "It's under control?"

"I'll take it to the fourth," Bonnie replies, earning a smile from his father.

On the next break, Bea joined Aberama near the ring and Bonnie, who now had a bloody face and looked tired.

"You're still in control Bonnie?" Aberama asks.

"Yes."

"Then take him." Aberama pats him on the shoulder.

"Do it, Bonnie," Bea supports.

When it started again, Bonnie went to the floor mid-way. A lot of men, who had bet against him, were happy for it. Aberama was concerned, but after asking if Bonnie was okay and receiving a wink in return, he rested assure as his son stood up.

Aberama, as many others, was shouting for Bonnie, and soon, as she knew it was close to an end, Bea joined in the cheering.

Bonnie had blood running down his chest when he punched one last time and Goliath fell to the floor, for enough time for it to be considered a knockout and Bonnie won.

As Bonnie celebrated, Aberama carried him from one side of the ring to the other. Bea was about to join on stage as she saw, in the middle of the crowd, Tommy appearing, unsettled. Everyone was celebrating but him. She saw Tommy getting to Finn, who was celebrating as well, but soon stopped as he whispered something in his ear. Finn face dropped and he looked confused and hurt.

Finn then went from where Tommy had appeared. Bea saw Tommy going to Lizzie's side, who then went back to her seat, where Linda was crying.

Bea got down from the edge of the ring and started following Tommy to where Finn had gone.

When she got to the corridor, Tommy had just punched a man that had Isaiah's and Finn's guns pointing at him and then Tommy started violently kicking him.

Bea stayed behind the door frame, looking at the scene.

"Go on, Finn!" Isaiah calls out as Finn wasn't doing nearly as much as Tommy.

Finn then punched the man about five times before Isaiah got low and held the man in arm-choke.

"Take his eyes, Finn," Tommy orders. "Do it for Arthur."

Even behind the door frame and with Tommy hiding most of Finn, Bea could still see him hesitating.

"Take his fucking eyes out!" Tommy screams.

Finn took his hat off and with the signature blade of the Peaky's, started doing what was asked of him

Finn took his hat off and with the signature blade of the Peaky's, started doing what was asked of him. Before hearing anything else, or seeing anything more, Bea moved away, to go back to the ring, and to her father.

She got to the edge, after pushing from her way people that were celebrating, just in time, to see Tommy, who hadn't wait to see Finn finishing the job, go up the ring and shoot his gun two times upwards.

He screamed at the crowd and then shot three more times. Everyone crouched down, scared. At this point, Bea had gone around the ring and was not behind Bonnie.

"My brother is dead." Tommy says. "Do you hear me?!" He screams. "MY BROTHER... IS DEAD!" He started pacing around the ring, and then he himself crouched down and closed his eyes.

Then, Uncle Charlie went up the ring and held Tommy, who looked like was ready to start shooting again.