Alex

Two months ago, we were in a police station with Lilly and the other kids. We were coming from a place that had nothing but misery and harm waiting for those who entered into it. But, that place has since been torn down.

Because I bought it.

These past two months have literally flown by. We were able to get Lilly's aunt and uncle into a nice family home. It's nothing extravagant but it's just big enough for them. It's homey, a nice place they can raise their kids. It's a nice home that they can create so many good memories in and those will hopefully outweigh all the bad Lilly's had to endure in her life.

Gabriella helped clean the house. She was the first one to volunteer and she made sure it was ready for move in day. She helped every one of the kids paint their rooms. She's terrible at it, but in the end they were all smiles and that's all that mattered. Lilly's room is purple, just like the jelly she likes.

There was a long discussion about that house at the end of oak street. It had gone into foreclosure immediately and I talked to my mom and dad about the ideas I had for it and they agreed. They told me that they would support me in any way I needed them to. I wanted to buy the land and put something up for Gabriella. She knew I bought it and was a little upset. To be honest, shes still upset. But, it's just because she doesn't know my reasons.

Jacob and Cade were pissed off at me. They didn't understand how I could make a purchase like that. Why would I want to own something that held torture for my girl inside. Just like Gabriella, they're still upset with me. Hopefully when I talk to them tonight about everything they'll forgive me and understand why I bought the place.

When I get off work tonight, we're going to our usual place to eat. Gabriella is going to meet us their via my driver and not her feet. She still walks to the diner from time to time. Which I don't mind because some mornings I get to see her walk past my work. She always makes it a point to stare up at my office windows and wave. She can't see me from the street but I can see her from my office.

I'll text her good morning and let her know that I waved back. She always smiles up at my office window after she reads my text and my heart always skips a beat or two. She's beauty personified inside and out.

"What's up?" Jacob asks, throwing my office door open with Cade following behind him. "See our girl this morning?"

"My girl." I correct him. "And yes I did."

Jacob puckers his lips and makes kissing noises. "Alex and B, sitting in a tr- ow Alex, damn it." He rubs his forehead where my pen hit him. "Don't throw things, you could poke my eye out."

"Well then, shut up." I tell him.

"We're still mad at you" he says on a huff. "I don't know what you were thinking." He glares at me and I roll my eyes.

"You will know soon. Calm down." We've had this discussion multiple times. He's impatient and mad about the whole thing. I get it and hopefully I'll fix it.

"I think if you bought that place, you have to have a good reason for it. I don't see you buying a place Bri was literally tortured in for no reason at all." Cade says with a pointed look and I nod at him. He gets me.

"Kiss ass." Jacob mumbles and I pick up another pen. "Do it." He dares me. I throw it. It hits him. "Ugh, asshole." It almost got him in the same place as before and Cade and I laugh at him.

"Well then, shut up."

It's six o'clock by the time we get out of work and we head straight towards the restaurant. We pull up and park close to the entrance doors and I see the most beautiful girl standing there, talking to another man. I walk up beside her and I wrap my arms around her waist, "hey, sweetheart." I say kissing her cheek. I kiss her cheek again when it blushes the prettiest shade of red.