Chapter 17 - Capture

It's not long before depression kicks in. I don't sleep and I don't eat. I sit in one spot on the floor. The only time I move is if I have to evacuate my bowels. No-one comes to visit me.

I'm alone.

 I try to forget, but I can't. Joe is gone, and I hadn't even made it up with him. I never will get the chance, and it breaks my heart every time. Just thinking about him hurts.

My schizophrenia has gotten even worse. I hear the voices all the time now. I think I have gone insane. I argue with what the voices are saying, talking to myself but I can't stop it. I can feel myself losing the plot, and I know that soon I might end up harming myself, or worse, swinging from a rope.

The thought is terrifying.

As I sit on the cold, hard floor, I hear the sound of a car pulling up to the driveway. I freeze.  I hear the person clamber out of the car, then I hear them knocking on the door.

"Emily?" I hear and I hold back a scream. Eric is here. "Emily! I know you are there so just open the door!"

I don't move. I can't breathe. I hear him sigh, and then there is nothing but the sound of shuffling feet. Then silence.

"Emily, why are you trying to make it more difficult for yourself?" he says after a while. I stay silent. "Last chance Emily."

His voice is stern. I still sit, not moving. Then the next thing I know is that my door is getting kicked in. I scream, still unable to move. The door creaks as the hinges snap. Then there is a loud BANG as the door collapses. Eric stands there, a smirk on his face. He approaches me slowly, finally coming to a halt in front of me. He crouches so that we are looking into each others eyes.

"Tut tut Emily. Look at you! You are a mess!" He says, fake concern prominent in his voice. "Lank greasy hair, pale face. I bet you have been starving yourself, haven't you sweetie? Don't worry, Eric's here."

He puts his arms around me. I am too weak to fight him off, so I begin to sob quietly. He reaches over me, and the next thing I know is that I have cloth tied over my head. I assume he pulls rope from his pocket because he then begins to tie my hands behind my back. I can feel the rope burn against my skin as he ties it too tight. I hear him stand and go into my kitchen. Then I hear the sound of masking tape being ripped from the roll. He comes back and places the tape over my mouth.

"Sorry sweatheart, I can't have you screaming and giving me away now can I?" He asks. I just continue to sob, feeling sorry for myself. It's my own fault. I let myself get weak. I can't blame anyone but myself.

Eric gently pulls me up, slowly pushing me forward. He cares about me, even through all of it. I feel him gently push me down into the car. He then straps the seatbelt across me. With my hands behind  my back however, it's not very comfy.

He enters he car and we drive off in silence. I don't know where he is taking me. I hope it isn't far.

The drive seems to last forever.

***

Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in so long. I'm not happy with this chapter, but if you like it then that's good enough for me. Please check out my new story, Astrid, and tell me what you think!

Natalie x