Chapter 14 - Faint

I go back to work today. I'm extremely nervous due to the fact that I haven't seen Joe since he walked in on me and Charlie kissing. Also, because I know that Sarah has something big planned, and I know it will have something to do with Eric. Charlie's words are still etched in my mind. I wont let them hurt you. I can't stop thinking about who they might be.

I'm standing in front of the mirror in my room again. I seem to be doing it a lot recently. I stare at myself, criticizing every flaw in my appearance. I hear a mocking voice, calling me fat, and I suck in my stomach. It hurts so I stop. 

I hear a sharp tap on my bedroom door, and I know it's Charlie, here to take me to work. I begin to feel sick at the thought of going back to that place, and a part of me wants to just quit now. I can't however.

"Just a second!" I call, as I quickly throw on a jumper and shoes. I can't be bothered to make an effort today. There's no point in it.

I fling open the door, and I walk straight into the arms of Charlie. I inhale his scent as he pulls me close. We hug a lot now, and I'm glad that he is here to support me and keep me strong even when I feel myself weaken.

As we pull away, I notice the worry etched on his face. I frown at him and ask him whats wrong. He doesn't reply straight away, and I can tell it has him angry.

"You will find out soon enough," he tells me, beginning to frown himself. He pulls me close again and kisses me on my forehead. This simple action has me feeling woozy and happy.

We enter his car and drive to work. The worry never leaves his face, and the whole journey is done in complete silence. 

We pull up and park, and I ask him once more whats wrong. He just frowns and shakes his head. I sigh and exit the car.

We walk up to the office part, saying hello to my fellow colleagues.

Sitting in my office is Sarah, and she has a thick wad of paper in her hands.

"Hello sweetie," she says, smiling at me. She is far to happy for my liking which makes me nervous.

"Sarah, please don't make her do this," Charlie begins to plead, and I start to panic.

Oh god, I think. I knew this would be bad.

"No Charlie, I want her to read it," Sarah says firmly. She hands the some of the paper from her hands, and as I read I gasp in horror.

"No, no way!" I shout at her. She scowls at me and Charlie pulls me closer to him. I begin to hyperventilate and I start to feel dizzy. I know before I tip forward that I'm going to pass out.

I knew Sarah was far too happy.

I don't know what happens next, but I do know one thing for sure.

There is no way I'm going to steal from Eric Prior.

***