Motherfucker, that means we're going to have to fight this thing blind

Motherfucker, that means we're going to have to fight this thing blind. Thinking the same thing I am, Asmodeus summons up three thick blindfolds for us.

Knotting it around the back of my head, I allow my other senses to take over. I allow my self to block out the smell of death and focus in on the scent of poultry and leather. By having its general location, I feel around for slight movement in the air.

I take my first hesitant step, carefully maneuvering around the massive horde of snakes. Even if one tries to bite me, my leather combat boots will block it. Still I don't want to step on one, because ew.

Just as I'm about half way through the horde I feel the air shift in front of me. I hear the slight rasp of a leather tail and wings.

I doge to my left, feeling the beast graze past me. I try to swing out, but miss. Without my sight my swings are basically useless.

"Kat, Liam when I say now. Jump." Asmodeus calls, "NOW!"

I jump and underneath me I feel heat from a fire consume the floor, burning away the piles of snakes. One less thing for us to worry about, I guess.

When I land, the heat recedes around me. I nod my thanks in the direction I heard Asmodeus.

To your left, strike out. Says the voice from earlier.

Now, you talk. I respond

Just do as I say girl. It replies angrily.

I do what it says, and I skim something scaly and large.

Good, now spin kick towards your right then raises your sword and strike down.

With reluctance, I spin around to my right.  Leg raised in a kick, when I bring it down I feel my leg hit a beak closed. On instinct, I follow through, using the beak of the basilisk to turn myself around on the other side of it. I raise my sword and aim slightly higher then where I hit, to avoid striking the beak. I am rewarded for my aim with a satisfying slash, as my blade hits its mark.

The basilisks' eyes.

I pull out my sword, spinning it around my hand, repeating the motion from earlier, flinging the blood off as I go. I risk taking the blinked fold off and see that I have intend rendered the beast blind.

"You can take off the blindfolds, it's blind. You can thank me later." I call out with a smirk

Unfortunately, calling out to Liam and Asmodeous has let the basilisks now where I am. It strikes out towards me, and I get an up close and personal view of the venom coated fangs in its beak.

Holy fucking Christ, that's nightmare inducing.

I doge by leaning back but its clawed feet, ends up slicing my leg. Grunting out in pain I fall to the ground on my uninjured leg. Asmodeus now being able to see as well, takes all the silver in the room transforming into a giant metal pike.

However before he can fire it at the basilisk multiple Strazyga (image below) fly down from the rafters and attacks him.

(A Strzyga originates from Poland and is a woman who was born with two hearts, two set of teeth, and two souls

(A Strzyga originates from Poland and is a woman who was born with two hearts, two set of teeth, and two souls. Upon death one soul goes to heaven the other becomes a demon, that grows owl like wings, claws and talons. The demon owl will then wait in wooded areas to find human travelers. It would then rips open their skin and eats their intestines.)

Asmodeus, now occupied with trying to defend himself from the owl women, drops the metal pike making an incredible clanging sound. The pike the shatters into useless pieces once more.

Fucking hell man.

I take off my bag and toss it at my uncle, "Take care of the Strzyga around As. I got the basilisk."

"You sure?"

"Yea," I say smirking at it. "Now that I can see I'm golden."

I toss Imperia up in the air in a twist, catching it and surging forward. Using my combined speed and strength I attack. Slicing into it dozen upon dozen of times. I smile hearing the silver burn its skin, leaving angry red welts it pushes me forward to increase my attacks.

I stumble on a piece of broken metal making a loud clang. Shit that hurt.

I can feel my leg starting bruise when the Basilisk turns toward me, it lashes out with its tail and catches me in the stomach. The force of the blow makes me land on back, my head hitting the ground hard.

Laying their waiting for my concussion to be healed, I look over to my uncle. I see him expertly throwing the daggers and stars at the Strayga, around As.

I then look up and see Asmodeus flying through the air, a owl woman hot on his tail. He snaps his finger and ropes, made out of designer cloth of course, wrap themselves around the Strayga.

When my concussion is finally healed I start to sit up but the basilisk's clawed chicken foot comes over me. Trapping me to the ground, my rib bones break under its intense weight.

I can help. A soft female voice coes, different from the other voice.

How do I know you won't hurt Asmodeus or Liam?

Just trust me.

The only excuse I have for what I'm about to say, is that I was desperate. If I didn't do something to end this things life, everyone would die. My uncle, Asmodeus, Amy, Derick would all be dead. I had no choice.

Okay.