Chapter Nine

Can disentangled himself from Tin and crept out of bed. It was early but Ludwig needed walking and Willow was filming out of town for a few days, so Ludwig's care was shared between him a dog walker. He threw on whatever clothes he had draped over the chair in the corner and left the flat with the excited canine in tow. It was Sunday and the city didn't come alive until around ten o'clock so the streets were quiet as they walked down the gardens on the Embankment.

His backside hurt in a delightful way, each step reminding him how thoroughly plowed he'd been the night before. Tin was just...fuck. He set Can on fire. Can almost wanted to overlook everything Tul had told him about Tin because it didn't reflect the person he had come to know, and forget about the guy's shitty attitude towards him when they met. Could he though? Was that even on the cards? If Tin hadn't eaten at his place of work a couple of days ago and seen him there, would they have even met again? It had been weeks since Tin – and Pete – had vanished into thin air, Can hadn't heard off Tin since – would he ever have done if fate hadn't intervened?

Fate apparently wanted Can to enjoy some really good sex. Thank you fate.

Back at the flat he found Tin fully dressed, sitting at the breakfast bar with a glass of orange juice. Can watched him from the doorway for a moment before stepping into the room. He helped himself to a glass of juice from the fridge and stood at the end of the counter. Their eyes met.

"I have today off," Can said before he could talk himself out if. "Do you want to do something?"

"I need to go back to my hotel to shower and change. After that I'm free for the day."

Can downed the rest of his juice. "Give me a few minutes to get ready and I'll come with you. Then...breakfast?"

When the arrived at Tin's hotel Can decided to wait in the lobby. He had a few messages to return from the previous evening that he'd ignored. The last message was from Pond asking him to call him if he could so Can mentally worked out that it would be around four in the afternoon in Thailand before ringing his friend.

"Ae's in a bad way," Pond reported, uncharacteristically sombre. "He went MIA for a few days, none of us could get hold of him, then he just re-appeared, off his face drunk. Transpires he'd flown to New York after finding out that's where Pete is, and Pete refused to even speak to him."

"Shit. Poor Ae." Can rubbed his face with his palm. He hadn't realised Ae hadn't told the rest of their friends his plans to fly to the States. "I wish I could help. Ae hasn't replied to any of my messages for a while."

"It's alright, I just wanted to talk to someone who isn't having to deal with him. He's off the rails."

They talked for a few minutes until Tin emerged from the lift wearing thigh hugging denims and simple long-sleeved t-shirt and Can nearly swallowed his own tongue. There was something about the casual clothes that just magnified Tin's appeal.

"I have to go," he told Pond, watching Tin approach. "Keep me updated, yeah? I'll be in touch later in the week." He ended the call, unable to look away from Tin's gaze.

"...what do you think? Can? Are you okay?"

Can blinked, realising Tin had been talking. He shook his head. "Taxi where, sorry?" He totally zoned out there.

Tin sighed and followed with a smile, "I was suggesting we go to one of the popular markets. Camden or Spitalfields."

"Camden!" Can said immediately. "I hear it's amazing."

As they walked outside, and a sleek Mercedes pulled up and a uniformed man stepped out and opened the passenger door. Tin said, "After you."

"We're going to the market in a limo?"

gotta watch you walk in the room baby, gotta watch you walk outOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara