Chapter Seven

Despite his best intentions Can managed to fall asleep in Tin's bed for a second time, the noise from the party beyond the bedroom door acting as white noise rather than a distraction to his tired brain after working a double shift whereby he'd had to stand in for the chef after he'd called in sick. Luckily by nine o'clock the last orders for main meals had been taken and Money and the waiting staff were able to take over any desserts that might be needed afterwards, meaning he was still able to make the party after a quick dash home to change and shower the smell of cooking grease out of his hair. He had not been in the mood for partying, at all, but as it was Ae's birthday he hadn't wanted to not show his face.

His face had probably only been present at the party for half-an-hour tops before he'd wound up in Tin's room. Again. Whereby he'd been thoroughly fucked. Again. Twice.

When he'd woken the digital clock by the bed advised him that it was 5:34am and Tin was fast asleep beside him. Thankfully Can had managed not to wind his limbs around him this time and it was much easier to extract himself. Using the light from his phone he found his clothes and made himself decent enough to pass through the penthouse and down in the lift without risking arrest for public indecency.

The apartment was silent when he let himself in and he crept into his room and made quick use of his bathroom to pee, shower and clean his teeth before stripping off and climbing into his bed. Only once he had pulled the duvet over himself did he realise that someone else was in there with him and fuck, Job! In his half-awake state he'd completely forgotten that he'd given Job his bed and that he was bunking in with Good for a few days.

He was too tired and too fucked out for this shit. All he wanted was to starfish naked in his own bed, was that too much to ask? Apparently, it was because just as he pushed himself up on his elbows with the intention of removing himself from the bed to put some underwear on to then go and grab a couple of hours sleep on the sofa, an arm snaked around his waist. Can froze.

"I've waited four years for this moment." Job's voice was a whisper and every hair on Can's body stood on end. Job planted a kiss on Can's clavicle and, shocked, Can rolled out of Job's grasp and fell onto the floor, knocking whatever was on the bedside table down to crash loudly onto the floor with him.

"What the fuck, Job!" He was shouting now, no longer half-asleep but fully awake. "What do you think you are doing?"

In the half-light of the room – now that his eyes had adjusted – Can saw Job sit up and look over at him where he was sprawled on the floor bare ass naked. "I've been in love with you since the first time we met," Job said, crawling to the edge of the bed and peering down at Can. "I told you when I first arrived why I'd been such a shit to you, because I was jealous. I met you first, yet you chose her over me. I couldn't bear it, Can. I just wanted you to hurt like I was hurting."

"I thought you meant you were jealous because you liked Bow, not me!" Can's voice raised in alarm and reached behind him and managed to open one of his drawers and found a pair of shorts which he rapidly pulled on.

The door slammed open and two concerned faces appeared. Bow and Mai, both pyjama clad with bed hair.

"What's going on? Can, are you okay?" Mai switched on the light and stepped into the room, casting Job a dirty look and helping Can to his feet.

"I'm fine. Just a misunderstanding that's all. I came in late and forgot I was bunking in with Good and got into bed with Job by mistake."

"Mistake? You were naked and I thought—" Job parroted, crossing his arms over his chest protectively then catching sight of Bow. "You! Do you think you can just stay on the side lines of his life waiting for him to take you back forever? He's single now. It's my turn!"