Chapter Six

"You look good tonight," Tul said, dragging his gaze the length of Can's slender frame finishing by meeting his eyes.

"Thanks," Can smiled, pleased that he'd made an effort. Gone were the days when he'd just throw on a baggy t-shirt and shorts or loose jeans. Bow had always complained that he should wear better clothes, she'd said he had a good body, and he should show it off more and had taken him shopping. Heck, she still took him shopping even now and they weren't even together. She enjoyed it and he needed a second opinion. She'd helped him choose what to wear tonight, sending him out of the door with a kiss on the cheek and a whispered 'be a good boy'. To Tul now he said, "You look great yourself."

Tul was really handsome, like, really fucking handsome and maybe about five years older, maybe more? Can had to wonder what Tul saw in him, but he figured he wasn't really looking for anything more than a hook-up and if things developed further, with anyone, not specifically Tul then perhaps Can would be able to claim his grandfather's inheritance without having to marry one of his friends out of convenience. The marriage of convenience was looking like the only way from where things stood at the moment...but there was still plenty of time.

They went for Korean barbeque, Can's choice, and Tul turned out to be a charming and attentive companion. He asked Can lots of questions about himself, and for once, Can's nerves behaved, and he didn't feel the need to drown the man in his verbosity and he managed to ask some sensible questions in return.

Inevitably the conversation took a turn in the direction Can least wanted it to with Tul asking, "How do you know Tin?"

Can could hardly say, 'I fucked him' then, 'it was bloody amazing actually, thanks for asking' so he went with, "His friend is dating my friend." He didn't even want to share that they lived in the same building.

Tul smiled and took Can's hand. "I wouldn't normally share this on a date with someone I'm trying to impress, but you saw how Tin reacted to me, you're bound to wonder why."

"I can't deny I'm nosy," Can admitted, swallowing and feeling a sudden urge to snatch his hand back. "But it's still your private business."

"No, it's fine, I think you need to know if we are going to carry this on." He turned Can's hand over and began to stroke his wrist with his thumb. "Tin is my little brother."

Can, who had already been feeling uncomfortable, slowly removed his hand from Tul's hold. "Your brother?"

Tul nodded, "Mmmhuh. Well, half-brother really. We have the same father."

Oiiiiii! Brother? "Why did you call him a 'distant relation'?" The question came out remarkably calmly.

"What else would you call the brother who cast you out of the family as soon as he inherited my father's entire estate? Certainly not a 'close' relative?"

From there it all came out. How Tin's mother, the second wife, had been the one approved by the mighty Medthanans, how Tin had been spoiled by his parents and grandmother when Tul had been ignored. Tin had been sent for an expensive education in England while Tul had had no such privileges. Yet Tin had let the family name down by his behaviour when in England, had been found abusing drugs and had even been arrested, but still his parents favoured him over Tul who had never put a foot wrong, easily believing Tin's lies that Tul had set it all up. His father had disinherited him and when he'd died a few months later, Tin had inherited everything and refused to help Tul when he had needed support.

Honestly, the story reminded Can of the K-dramas he'd watched with his Ma as a kid.

Tul went on to say that in the middle of all of that Tin had lured away Tul's own fiancé and once he'd inherited he'd cast her aside, the same as he had Tul.