Chapter 34: Knowledge

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Hahh...

"So, how does it work? When you explained to me the concept of this 'printing press' it seemed inane a concept."

Riven then began to showcase the powers of my baby and as Luc watched it, he looked with surprise and wonder.

Haha! Behold! My child!

"Amazing! When do you think you'll be able to mass-produce them? Just one factory is surely not enough, even with the efficiency they have!"

"With our current schedule, it should be possible in a few months, the latest being next year."

Putting on a smile, I could already guess what he was thinking.

There were many things a businessman could think of with this new invention, but he was the master of the tower of magic before anything. With the limitless amount of magic books in the tower's library, it would make things much easier if the texts could be replicated. There would also be less of a chance of a book being lost forever, due to it being ruined or lost.

I had accounted for this long ago, and it was also the reason why I allowed Luc to invest in this project, despite the fact I have a large amount of money, myself.

I wanted to get in the tower of magic's good graces, as well as getting someone, as powerful as Luc, owe me something.

There was no way he was going to let a chance to secure the most important thing the magic tower has, 'knowledge,' escape. And, since I'm the only one in control of this 'new' invention, and also the one that introduced it to him, of course, I'll be reaping the benefits as well.

Ahh, how wonderful capitalism can be. Hooray for the law against monopolies not being invented yet.

I could see that we were on the same wavelength and he chuckled while smiling.

"I see, I guess I've fallen into your trap. I don't like being tricked, but this opportunity is too good to let pass by."

He then turned to face where I was hiding in the shadows?!

"It seems I owe a favor, for now, Sir Sigil."

Hahah...

This guy...

Seems I can't fully hide my mana. He probably can't tell it's shadow magic, but he does know my general direction and that I'm in the same room. I wouldn't expect any less from him, but I feel like my ego is crying to me now, about it feeling bruised.

Stop smiling like that! Fine! You win on this part only! It's my fault for trying the beat the fucking archmage of the tower of magic at magic!

I'm not pouting or anything...

I suddenly see Riven look at me with a face of disappointment...

YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE ME! STOP READING MY MIND OR I'M CUTTING YOUR SALARY!!

Hahh...

I feel like I'm going to lose even more years of my life at this rate.

As I was thinking to myself, I suddenly see Morello, Luc's right hand, approach him.

Hmm... intriguing.

I do my best to make my presence as thin as possible, to hear what they're saying. I feel like Luc might've caught on to me, but he hasn't said anything. As for Morello... hahh... I pray for you, good sir. The capture target halo is just too strong...

"There's been another incident, sir."

Luc's usual carefree expression then changed to a serious one.